It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to show information to RTC work item field

Narayanan Potti (27037679) | asked Apr 11 '15, 1:35 p.m.
edited Apr 13 '15, 3:11 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646)
Hello

I am on RTC 5.0.1. If my question was answered before please let me know URL to the answer.  I want to know how add the following information to RTC workitem: a workitem field that contains the following information:
1. ID of all the change sets checked in.
2. File name of each file checked in to the change set.
3. Full path of each file checked in.
4. Version number of each file checked in.
5. Date, time and user id of each file checked in.

Above information can be added to the existing Description field of RTC workitem or a new text field can be created to the workitem for this purpose. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
NP

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 13 '15, 4:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

RTC works in this way:

1. The user has to associate work items to change sets. The work item shows the change sets it is related to in the links tab
  2. The file names are accessible by opening the change sets and then looking into them
  3. The file paths, relative to the component and that is all you can say anyway, can be seen the same way, by looking into the change set
  4. There are two version numbers, one is not human readable, the other one needs to be enabled as far as I remember and then is available in the change set at least at the history
  5. The date and time of the change set - and that is all that matters, is again visible in the change set explorer when following the link to the change set

All that information is available using the aforementioned links. It is not copied into the work item, it is maintained by the SCM system using the change sets.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.