It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC server 2.0 connection problem using RAD v7.5.2 client

Sungwook Kim (61) | asked Jun 03 '09, 7:23 a.m.
Hi,

I'm currently facing some trouble connecting to the RTC 2.0 server using RAD v7.5.2 client.

When I try to connect to the RTC server, I get invalid userId/pw exception which cannot be true since I can login to the RTC server from web console using the same id/pw.

So I'm starting to wonder if it is the version mismatch between the server and the client that's causing the problem. My RTC server is Rational Team Concert 2.0 RC2 and for the client I use RAD v7.5.2 RTC plug-in with all the latest fixes and updates.

If I update RTC plug-in within RAD as described in the following link, would I be able to connect to the RTC 2.0 server using RAD 7.5.2 client?

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3488&context=SSCP65&dc=DB560&dc=DB520&uid=swg21380693&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en&rss=ct3488rational

If not, what's the possible cause of this problem and how can I resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

11 answers

permanent link
Ken Greenlee (163) | answered Jul 10 '09, 3:42 p.m.
I have upgraded to RAD 753 and no longer have these problems.

--Ken Greenlee
--IBM

I've been successful installing RAD 7.5.2 with the RTC 2.0 RC2 build (older builds of RTC 2.0 did not shell-share with RAD). Here is the IM repository for the RC2 standard edition:

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/2.0/RC2/install-repository/standard/repository.config

Make sure the 1.0.1 RTC (packaged with RAD) is not installed before you try to install the 2.0 version. You can select Modify from the main IM screen and then select your RAD install and uncheck the RTC item to remove 1.0.1 from the RAD install. Then use the repository link to install RTC into the same package group.

I did this using RAD 7.5.1. When the Installation Manager finished, it said:

Validation of Eclipse installation configuration failed because is has unsatisfied bundle constraints:
Bundle "org.eclipse.ui_3.4.2.M20090204-0800" doe snot meet the version tolerance of "

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.