It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Time zone anomies

Gwen Thomas (1644) | asked Jun 02 '09, 1:11 p.m.
If the project time zone in RTC is different from the individual's time zone, RTC seems to report on the basis of the server time zone. Can anyone tell me if this is expected behaviour, and how do we set a project time zone?

4 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jun 04 '09, 11:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Which part of the UI are you talking about (and which version of RTC)? Can you give a concrete example of what the problem is? We generally capture times based on the server time (stored in UTC format), but display these based on the client's time zone and locale.

permanent link
Gwen Thomas (1644) | answered Jun 05 '09, 12:02 p.m.
UI: We are working with Plans on RTC 2.

Example: People arrive for the projects already half a day behind (as shown on the plan) because they are working in a time zone which is half a day behind the server time.

You mentioned capturing the time in UTC, what calculation is done for progress?

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jun 05 '09, 12:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm not sure what you mean by 'arrive for the projects already half a day behind', but this sounds like there's a real issue here.

I suggest opening up a work item against the Agile Planning component:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWelcome

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jun 07 '09, 4:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
UI: We are working with Plans on RTC 2.

Example: People arrive for the projects already half a day behind (as shown on the plan) because they are working in a time zone which is half a day behind the server time.

You mentioned capturing the time in UTC, what calculation is done for progress?

Hi Gwen

Can you compare your timezone settings for one of the users in the half-a-day-behind timezone vs the server time-zone? Look in the work environment tab for that user. This should be set to that user's local time-zone. I suspect the project time-zone is picked up from the server time-zone settings.

anthony

p.s There have been lots of fixes in the various RTC 2 betas - can you tell us which version of the beta you have installed as the problem may already be fixed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.