It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Internet Explorer 11 bypassing preconditions

Georges Oneissy (53522) | asked Apr 04 '15, 5:38 a.m.
 Hi,

We're having a problem in our company: Users of IE11 do not have required fields and can easily save workitems without going into the conditions set. 
We're using RTC 4.0.4 for now but we're planning on upgrading it to 5.0.2 in a couple of weeks.

Could it be that the 4.0.4 version does not support IE11? Any chance that this could be solved with the upgrade?

Regards,
Georges

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Apr 04 '15, 5:10 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'd submit a defect for support.  I have not heard of a browser incompatibility that would allow preconditions or permissions to be violated.

Denis Maliarevich commented Jul 24 '15, 10:28 a.m. | edited Jul 24 '15, 6:04 p.m.

Because I still don't have "Comment" button I'll write my question here:

1) Geoffrey Clemm what is the defect number ? was it fixed ?
2)

Martha (Ruby) Andrews was the problem investigated ? what could be the reason ?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jul 24 '15, 6:12 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Note that I didn't say that I submitted a defect, I just suggested that Georges submit a defect.  In general, one has to actually be able to reproduce an error in order to submit a defect, and as I stated above, I have never heard of such an error before.   Even if IE11, is not supported by 4.0.4, I would still consider it a defect if you can use any browser (including an unsupported one) to violate process checks.   So if anyone can reproduce this error, I encourage you to work with IBM support so that it can be fixed.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44351) | answered Apr 06 '15, 12:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
RTC 4.0.4 does not support IE 11, but I do not know if this is the cause of the issue.

Ruby
Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz Foundation L3 Development Team Lead
Georges Oneissy selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.