It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Associate a change set to work item after delivery

Andrea Toncelli (2749) | asked Mar 25 '15, 11:49 a.m.
 Hello,
 I have a change set that was delivered in the wrong work item.  I was able to remove the wrong work item but now how do you associate change set to another work item?
From the Web this is what it shows:

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Mar 25 '15, 12:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can certainly do this in the Eclipse client. I am not familiar with SCM in the web, so it may be possible to do it there, too.
I do it by getting the change set to show up in the Pending Changes view, then drag and drop the work item onto the change set.

Here is how I do it:
1. In Pending changes view, show the context menu for the component that would have the change set.
2. Select Change Flow Target...
3. In the Select a Stream or Workspace, select a stream (or a workspace) to which the change set has not been delivered. For instance, I will often point at a stream for an older release.
4. Click OK, but DO NOT ACCEPT ANY INCOMING CHANGES.
5. Once RTC has updated the flow target, your change set will show as outgoing. Associate the work item (by drag and drop, or "Related Artifacts > Associate Work Item..."
6. DO NOT DELIVER. Change the flow target back to what it was.

Ruby
Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz Foundation L3 Development Team Lead

Andrea Toncelli selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andrea Toncelli commented Mar 25 '15, 1:14 p.m. | edited Mar 26 '15, 9:37 a.m.

Hi Ruby, 

That worked. Thanks a lot.

Patrick Remington commented Mar 27 '15, 10:57 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi, Andrea.  I know that Ruby gave you a solution for associating a change set to a work item.  However, you might want to look at https://jazz.net/forum/questions/177239/fastes-way-to-move-a-change-set-from-one-work-item-to-another?utm_campaign=forum&utm_medium=email&utm_source=forum-new-question&utm_content=forum-question, for whenever you might need to move a change set from one work item to another.

Patrick Remington commented Mar 27 '15, 11:03 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi, Andrea.  I know that Ruby gave you a solution for associating a change set to a work item.  However, you might want to look at

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/177239/fastes-way-to-move-a-change-set-from-one-work-item-to-another?utm_campaign=forum&utm_medium=email&utm_source=forum-new-question&utm_content=forum-question, for whenever you might need to move a change set from one work item to another.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.