It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can You Write A Query That Pulls Data From Two Projects On A Single Server

Rob Olsen (3511852) | asked Mar 11 '15, 12:47 p.m.
Is there a way to write a query that expands two projects?  Or another question, can you "merge" two projects together (on a single server) and therefore provide the capability to write a single query that encompasses the data in both of the projects?

2 answers

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Mar 11 '15, 12:51 p.m.
Not that I am aware of, there is a current open requirement:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=94575 (Support work item queries across project areas)

Susan

Comments
Rob Olsen commented Mar 11 '15, 12:55 p.m.

Thanks for the quick response although wish it was a "yes you can"!  I assume the other part of the question is also no, since "project move" does not exist a "project merge" does not exist either.

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | answered Mar 11 '15, 1:01 p.m.
edited Mar 11 '15, 1:02 p.m.
Hi Rob,
It is available now in Jazz Reporting Service: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/invisiblethread/entry/reporting_across_projects_and_products_using_the_ibm_jazz_reporting_service?lang=en

Let us know if that helps.

Comments
Rob Olsen commented Mar 11 '15, 1:10 p.m.

Thanks for this response.  This "sort" of gets me what I wanted  (I know picky picky).  I was hoping that I would be able to do this with a query and display the data on a dashboard.  It is a unique situation where I have really configured RTC for a customer and created a whole new work item category called "Member Info".  I created this is Project A.  Well they want to tie this to Work Items that exist in Project B and be able to display on a dashboard the relationship of a member and Work Items.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.