It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why am I constantly being told that my projects are out of sync?

Dave Westerman (331110) | asked Mar 10 '15, 2:08 p.m.
I am using RTC (5.0.2, but this was happening on 4.0.x earlier) with Rational Software Architect. Any time I check-in changes to several of the components in my workspace, I get the message telling me "Some of your projects are out of sync". When I click on the link to reload the project, it tells me "One or more components being loaded already have content in other sandboxes".

The problem is, I only have the one sandbox - I'm not using anything else other than this RSA workspace to do any work. It always happens as soon as I check in any changes. I've seen other questions here from people who are accessing the workspace from multiple places, but I'm not doing this.

Any ideas what might be going on? How should I fix this? It's really annoying, because like I said, I get the messages every single time I check anything in.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Mar 11 '15, 3:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Dave, this usually happens if you have the same repository workspace loaded several times in different instances. I am not sure if that is the case here.
Dave Westerman selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Dave Westerman commented Mar 11 '15, 8:20 a.m.

Thanks, Ralph. But as I tried to point out in my original post, I'm only using my repository workspace from one RAD sandbox. I'm not using it from anyplace else. And it's only a few of the components that I have loaded that are having problems, the rest are okay.

Evan Hughes commented Mar 11 '15, 11:45 a.m. | edited Mar 12 '15, 10:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The scenario you describe makes me wonder if you have files from a single repository workspace/component loaded into two or more sandboxes. Committing in one sandbox would make the other one out of sync. 

Could you open Preferences > Sandboxes and see if you have more than one sandbox registered? 

Dave Westerman commented Mar 11 '15, 7:21 p.m.

I was going to say "I only have one sandbox", but then I looked at the Sandboxes listed in the Jazz Preferences, and there are two there. I had copied my RSA workspace just as a backup, and have never used it, but it's got that listed. Thanks!

Dave Westerman commented Mar 11 '15, 7:21 p.m.

Sorry, Ralph, you were correct after all!

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 12 '15, 2:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Glad we could help. I think Evan nailed it, though.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.