It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Execution Status using TCER Count report

Rajesh Avanthi (10815138173) | asked Mar 03 '15, 6:04 a.m.
(a) Sometimes I don't see proper count -
e.g.
I have a sample Master test plan     - having 4 tests     - 4 TERs created    - updated with results
child 1 Test Plan            -  5 tests    - 5 TERs          - updated with results
child 2 Test Plan            - 3 tests        - 3 TERs        - updated

but in the bar-chart, I see only 9 TERs count
not sure why ?

(b)  Can we not get TOTAL number of TERs count?
(currently we have to add up, passed, failed, not run)

(c) Sometimes I see that the hover function does not work, or, is not aligned (need to hover mouse outside area to show the number)
any idea why ?

(d)  In the query, should we select Master and its child plans?
      Will it plot individual bar graph for each child plan ?

If our requirement is - a single bar-chart for all TERs including those of all child plans, should we select Master plan in the query?
My observation is - if Master Plan itself does not have any test cases/TERs associated, then selecting Master alone does not plot anything.

2 answers

permanent link
Clara Forero (6212) | answered Mar 03 '15, 9:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rajesh,

I already answered all these questions on an internal e-mail.  I'll forward it to you.

Thanks,
Clara

permanent link
Clara Forero (6212) | answered Mar 03 '15, 9:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rajesh,

I'm copying here the answer I sent by e-mail.

In general, information regarding BIRT reports in RQM can be found here: https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.1/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/qm_c_birt_reports.html?lang=en

(a) Sometimes I don't see proper count -
e.g.
I have a sample Master test plan     - having 4 tests     - 4 TERs created    - updated with results
child 1 Test Plan            -  5 tests    - 5 TERs          - updated with results
child 2 Test Plan            - 3 tests        - 3 TERs        - updated

but in the bar-chart, I see only 9 TERs count
not sure why ?

The output depends on the parameters selected.  What is the iteration selected? What's the value of the "Most Recent Iteration Only" parameter?  Are there any other parameters selected?  All of them would affect the output of the report.

(b) can we not get TOTAL number of TERs count?
(currently we have to add up, passed, failed, not run)

The totals are displayed by Test Plan.  In the example chart, there are 9 TCER's that meet the criteria for Test Plan "11 NK - Trial Testplan" (no need to add any numbers).  If you are looking for a number that shows the total for all the independent Test Plans displayed on the chart, then you have to add the totals per Test Plan.

(c) Sometimes I see that the hover function does not work, or, is not aligned (need to hover mouse outside area to show the number)
any idea why ?

BIRT is a third party tool we use for reporting.  The hovering functionality is provided by them.  If you see an issue and want to raise a defect, we can pass it up to them.  Just keep in mind that once they fix the issue and deliver, it will take some time to see it on the CLM applications.  Adopting a new BIRT version requires coordination of all the CLM applications and that takes a lot of time and planning.

(d) In the query, should we select Master and its child plans?
will it plot individual bar graph for each child plan ?

What test plans you "should" select, depends on what you want to see on the report.  If you select several test plans and the "Include Child/Master Test Plans" parameter is set to "No", then yes, you'll see an individual bar for each test plan.  Otherwise, you'll see only the bar for the Master Test plan or the Test plan you selected.

If our requirement is - a single bar-chart for all TERs including those of all child plans, should we select Master plan in the query?
Yes, you select Master Test Plan and ensure the "Include Child/Master Test Plans" parameter is set to "Yes"

My observation is - if Master Plan itself does not have any test cases/TERs associated, then selecting Master alone does not plot anything.
If  the "Include Child/Master Test Plans" parameter is set to "No", then yes, the report does not find anything to display.

Thank you,
Clara

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.