It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem running 'checkin' from scm command line

Nagarani Boggarapu (1045) | asked Feb 27 '15, 4:43 a.m.
While i was trying to checkin few files using the scm command line i get the below error message:

Problem running 'checkin': Could not lock C:\RTC-InformationAnalyzer - locked by other process.

Can someone help me out to resolve this issue?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.3k27) | answered Feb 27 '15, 4:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Are you using any other client (such as RTC Eclipse/Visual Studio client) that is using the same sandbox? If so, you may see this error because one of the client has the lock on that sandbox.

Nagarani Boggarapu selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Nagarani Boggarapu commented Feb 27 '15, 5:08 a.m. | edited Feb 27 '15, 10:10 a.m.

Yes, i couldn't realize that the RTC client on the same sandbox was open and which was throwing the error.
Now i see that the command is being executed but since last 8 mins its trying to checkin and hasn't finished the command yet.  The checkin has few files which are sized few kbs.

Shashikant Padur commented Feb 27 '15, 5:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

By the way, are you using 'scm' or 'lscm' to run the commands? If the RTC rich client was started first then you can still run the commands using 'lscm' as 'lscm' will use the daemon started by the rich client.

Note: This kind of usage might result in the UI showing up because the command is using the daemon started by the rich client.

Nagarani Boggarapu commented Feb 27 '15, 6:02 a.m. | edited Feb 27 '15, 10:11 a.m.

I am using 'scm' to run the commands.  I am kicking off the tests from my Jenkins server.  I still see the checkin command is in progress and not finishing yet.  What could be the problem here?  It was working fine earlier when i tried to execute it from command line. 

Shashikant Padur commented Mar 02 '15, 12:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Not sure. You mean the checkin command never returned or failed with a return code?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.