It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Update expected result in manual test case using keywords

uma pendse (122) | asked Oct 22 '13, 3:37 a.m.
We are using keyword driven mechanism for executing test case.
we have a manual test script. The steps in manual test script are associated with keyword.
This manual test script is then associated with test case.
When test case is executed, adapter invokes the application.
we want to post the result of the execution and update execution page. I am able to update the progress bar on the execution page but we are not able to get any service on how to update the actual and expected result in script steps through code.
Is there any service to so?

2 answers

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Oct 22 '13, 5:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello, here's what you can do..

In simple terms.. 
* You can GET the XML of the Execution result for which the "Actual"  and/or "Expected" results are missing..
* Then, edit the XML to contain the data missing and then do a POST with the modified XML...

Details:-

a. Use the URL to get list of execution results...

https://clm:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/TestPrj+%28Quality+Management%29/executionresult

b. Pick the URL to the execution result of which the "actual Results" is to be updated..

c. get the XML of the TCER picked in step b.

eg: on RESTClient use the URL below to GET the XML of execution result with ID 11..

https://clm:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/TestPrj+%28Quality+Management%29/executionresult/urn:com.ibm.rqm:executionresult:11

d. Save the response as XML... 

Now, edit the XML file saved in step d. and insert the "actual result" data for the step(s) as illustrated in pic below and save the changes.

e. use RESTClient "POST" to update the XML from step d. to enter the "Actual Results" into the execution result with ID 11..

The same can be done for any other fields that you want to update data...

Best Regards, Sunil

Comments
uma pendse commented Oct 22 '13, 10:56 a.m.

Thanks for the reply. Will try your suggestion.

uma pendse commented Nov 06 '13, 2:03 a.m.

Hi Sunil,

I tried this. But in my case it is is manual test script and each step is associated with keyword. I need to update the result of each step. I am getting all executed test cases result using the above URL. In my case the execution is not yet complete. So is there any other way to do the same?

Thanks,

Uma

Sunil Kumar R commented Nov 06 '13, 4:11 a.m. | edited Nov 06 '13, 4:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Uma,

Yes, the URL below gives you all TCERs..

You then have to pick the URL of the TCER you want to update as shown in step c. above.. eg: I have shown the data of TCER with id "11"

The steps further from c., show how you can mannually change the result for 1 of the steps!

Best Regards, Sunil

uma pendse commented Nov 06 '13, 6:41 a.m.

Is the XML of execution result gets updated after executing every step in manual test case? Or it will be updated after the execution completes?

Sunil Kumar R commented Nov 06 '13, 7:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Uma, the execution result gets updated step-by-step. I viewed the XML of a TCER which is "In Progress" and just 1 of 5 steps executed (containing keywords) and found that the execution result view shows the step which is complete, but not the steps which are not executed yet.

Best Regards, Sunil 

uma pendse commented Nov 06 '13, 8:59 a.m.

Thanks, Will try this again

uma pendse commented Nov 07 '13, 1:51 a.m.

Hi Sunil,

I tried to execute the test case that contains manual test script. However during execution of the particular test case, corresponding entry for manual test case is not visible in the output of http get on URL

https://clm:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/TestPrj+%28Quality+Management%29/executionresult

Can you please explain me the step by step process to get the execution result URL. On my end I am getting a different execution result URL.
Is there any standard documentation available which I can refer?

Thanks,

Uma

Sunil Kumar R commented Nov 07 '13, 7:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Uma, There is a step-by-step approach I have detailed in my first response on this thread.

Best Regards, Sunil

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

permanent link
Ajay Chebbi (3113) | answered Oct 23 '13, 2:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
@uma Which adapter are you using? Is this the commandline adapter?

Comments
uma pendse commented Nov 07 '13, 3:58 a.m.

Yes this is a command line adapter

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.