It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Planned Snapshot

Mridula Priya (111113) | asked Feb 18 '15, 7:41 a.m.
retagged Feb 27 '15, 4:39 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
 What does the added ,modified and removed items mean when we compare 2 snapshots.I took a Snapshot of a release backlog. I then changed the iteration planned fields of some of the workitems to the release backlog's iteration. and removed some of the workitems from the plan as well.After this,I took a Snapshot and clicked on Compare.None of these above changes workitems were coming in Added/Removed.Some were appearing in modified.Is this a known issue ? I am using RTC 4.0.5

2 answers

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Feb 23 '15, 1:41 a.m.
Hi Mridula,
When comparing two plan snapshots, if the workitem is only included in the new snapshot of the plan view it shown in "Added Items"; if the workitem is only included in the old snapshot of the plan view, it shown in "Removed Items"; if the work item is included by both snapshot with attributes modified, it shown in "Modified Items".
For a release backlog, if you change a work item's "Planned For" to a current or future iteration of the release, the work item will still be included in the release backlog plan, so the work item will be in "Modified Items" when comparing the snapshots.
You mentioned about removing work items from the plan. How did you do that? Did you change the "Planned For" to "Unassigned" or a release of another timeline? In such case, I thing it should in "Removed items". You can try to refresh the plan view after remove work items, then create a snapshot to compare.

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Feb 27 '15, 4:38 p.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.