It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to do parameter Binding in dataset for boolean datatype.

sri sudarsana (181216) | asked Feb 18 '15, 7:31 a.m.
 i have a data set in which there is a boolean field say "X" which has both "true" and "false" values in it. By default, if i dint set any condition for the boolean field "X" in the parameter page of the dataset, it is pulling only the values which has false values.But i would like to get both true and false values from the dataset. Please let me know what is the way to get all the values irresspective of the true or false flag for the X.

For multiple value selection in the dataset of type String we use '\'Y\',\'Z\''.Similarly is there a way that we use for boolean too?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bill Taylor (1441534) | answered Feb 20 '15, 6:46 a.m.
In the web client, you can retrieve true and false archive-related fields by checking the "Include Archived" check box when you run the report. By default, when running an installed report, work items that have an archived Category, Team Area or Iteration are not retrieved. That's one of the reasons to archive these. Queries won't retrieve them either.
sri sudarsana selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
sri sudarsana commented Feb 20 '15, 7:39 a.m.

Thanks a lot  Bill Taylor. The reports is able to show the Archived artifacts too.I dint notice this option at all.I was trying to fetching it via dataset Queries.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

sri sudarsana commented Feb 20 '15, 9:02 a.m.

Hi Bill,

I have one more question.I could see the ''Include Archived" ption when i run the report by creating a "Report from  Resource" option  but if the report is added to the dashboard i could not see this option while linking to the main or micro report.

Is there a way that i can include the archived defects in this option too?

2 other answers

permanent link
Bill Taylor (1441534) | answered Feb 19 '15, 11:58 a.m.
Boolean fields should behave the same as other types of field. Which field in which dataset are you having a problem with?

The only special case I can think of is one like CATEGORY_ARCHIVED, where by default when running an installed report, archived work items are not retrieved.

Comments
sri sudarsana commented Feb 19 '15, 11:30 p.m.

i am trying to retrive Iteration Archived,Contributor Archived, Category Archived,Owner Archived from WORKITEMS Table,LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT table .But by default its retriving only false records if no condition is given to these fields.

I would like to get both true and false records of these fields.May i know what is the condition that i need to use for these fields in the parameter binding of the dataset.

I am able to retirve either true or false records alone.Let me know how to retrive both value  records?

permanent link
Bill Taylor (1441534) | answered Feb 20 '15, 9:53 a.m.
There is an Advanced Configuration Property called "Include Archived Reporting Data" that defines the default at the repository level.

Comments
sri sudarsana commented Feb 22 '15, 10:42 p.m.

Thanks Bill.When i try to enable "Include Archived Reporting Data" property and save, i get an error saying "Invalid registry object"

Is there anything else that needs to be modified when its set to true?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.