It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Query for determining individual load

Vishnu Kumar (2621627) | asked Jun 17 '13, 5:49 a.m.
retagged Jun 18 '13, 10:20 a.m. by Amy Laird (16514)
Hello All,
              I am unable to find a report/query for figuring out the load on each individual in my team. Here is the  exact requirement.

1) It's a team on 10 members each working on different tasks in different timelines etc. We are using "time remaining" parameter with tasks to know the actual load on each individual. In the beginning of every week, we want to know how much everyone is loaded with existing work items.

Is there a way to create a query which sums up "Time Remaining" from all the tasks (open + working state) assigned to a particular member? It will give you a fair idea about assigned hours to an individual.

I researched on displaying a query result with time remaining parameter but it actually shows with time spent column...  There is no way to display time remaining as a column in work item query result...

Any suggestions ?             

Regards
Vishnu Kumar

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jun 17 '13, 7:55 a.m.
edited Jun 17 '13, 8:11 a.m.
you would have to create a report. queries do not sum or produce intermediate results.

to create a report, you would use the BIRT report development system that matches the RTC version you are on.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.