It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error creating work item with RTC 5 in Eclipse Luna

David Wood (1968) | asked Feb 17 '15, 7:29 a.m.

I have Eclipse Luna and upgraded my RTC plugins recently to 5.x. File->New->Work Item->Defect gives a dialog box with the following:

An internal error occurred during: "Creating Work Item". com.ibm.team.workitem.common.model.AttributeTypes (initialization failure)

I recently upgraded Luna from 3.x to 5.x client apis. 

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Feb 17 '15, 7:38 a.m.

Hi David,
Can you look into <your-workspace>/.metadata/.log file and provide what are the errors/stack traces there?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 17 '15, 8:17 a.m. | edited Feb 17 '15, 8:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Did you install Luna and then installed the RTC P2 client into it, or how did you get there? Which exact RTC version are you using?

What does "I recently upgraded Luna from 3.x to 5.x client apis." mean?

David Wood commented Feb 17 '15, 11:06 a.m.

.log file has this (among others)
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2015-02-17 11:03:22.518
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Creating Work Item".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.ibm.team.workitem.api.common.ExtendedRichTextSupport
    at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.model.AttributeTypes.<clinit>(AttributeTypes.java:148)
    at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
    at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:236)
    at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.attributeValueProviders.FallbackProvider.getDefaultValue(FallbackProvider.java:36)
    at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.model.impl.AttributeImpl.getDefaultValue(AttributeImpl.java:889)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:88)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:55)

David Wood commented Feb 17 '15, 11:07 a.m.

RTC-Client-p2Repo-5.0.2.zip.  I installed the archive via Help->Install New Softwared->Archive

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Wood (1968) | answered Feb 18 '15, 10:08 a.m.
Not a fix, but the solution was to start with a new Luna and install RTC into it from scratch, that is, not upgrade from 3.x. 
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 18 '15, 10:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

That is why I was asking for What does "I recently upgraded Luna from 3.x to 5.x client apis." mean?

It is always safer to use a clean install of the correct version. Since there is no better specification what you did to upgrade, I suggest to take this a s a guideline.

David Wood commented Feb 18 '15, 10:37 a.m.

So i will lower my expectations in the future.

One other answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103) | answered Feb 18 '15, 5:09 a.m.
Hi David,
I would suggest you opening new PMR for the support to further investigate the issue

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.