It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create predefined query that references to unassigned value

Jonas Traub (633) | asked Nov 24 '10, 3:50 a.m.
We want to use a query as predefined query. This query show us all Work Items there the owner or a approver is unassigned.

I can use the query in "My Queries" Folder but if I try to set the query as predefined I get the following error messages and the query does not work:

'Owned by' references a value that is not part of the process specification.
'Approvals>Approver' references a value that is not part of the process specification.

What should I do to make this query valid?

2 answers

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k34348) | answered Nov 25 '10, 8:54 a.m.
We want to use a query as predefined query. This query show us all Work Items there the owner or a approver is unassigned.

I can use the query in "My Queries" Folder but if I try to set the query as predefined I get the following error messages and the query does not work:

'Owned by' references a value that is not part of the process specification.
'Approvals>Approver' references a value that is not part of the process specification.

What should I do to make this query valid?

Hi Jonas - I suggest the follwing steps (don't know if they are similar to your solution)
1) dublicate the query New unassinged in the predefined queries.
2) do changes if nessesary at all (like remove filed against)
3) edit the process template under process configuration->Work Items advanced and add the predefined query

permanent link
Ian Wark (79713553) | answered Jun 16 '17, 3:09 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.