It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Portable work item customization

carlo gneo (9694) | asked May 27 '09, 8:57 a.m.
A simple question: I customize a work item for a project.
Now I want to bring this customization into another project.
Is this possible?

The same about workflow.

In the project configuration tab I don't found my personalized workflow & work items.

4 answers

permanent link
carlo gneo (9694) | answered May 28 '09, 4:38 a.m.
I've done some enumerations and some changes to the structure of the work item, but I can't migrate this changes from a project to another.
Is this possible?

thanks in advance.

permanent link
Zdenek Boruvka (5162) | answered May 28 '09, 9:08 a.m.
Is this possible?

The same about workflow.

In the project configuration tab I don't found my presonalized workflow & work items.

Hi,

if you save your process as a process template, you can use it any time in future projects.

If you export the process template and import it to another RTC server, you can distribute the same process configuration to whatever server you want.

The only question which I don't see resolved today is "How to incorporate changes in processes or concrete projects into other processes/projects?".

=> Feature like processes merge/synchronization

Are there any plans so far to touch this topic in Jazz team?

Thx.

Z.

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44351) | answered May 28 '09, 1:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

Currently you would need to cut and paste the relevant parts of the Process Customization Source from one project area to the other.

There are several work items in this area, including:
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/60077

https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/59322

Please feel free to file another work item to cover your specific request if you don't think those work items cover it.

Martha
Jazz Developer
Is this possible?

The same about workflow.

In the project configuration tab I don't found my presonalized workflow & work items.

Hi,

if you save your process as a process template, you can use it any time in future projects.

If you export the process template and import it to another RTC server, you can distribute the same process configuration to whatever server you want.

The only question which I don't see resolved today is "How to incorporate changes in processes or concrete projects into other processes/projects?".

=> Feature like processes merge/synchronization

Are there any plans so far to touch this topic in Jazz team?

Thx.

Z.

permanent link
carlo gneo (9694) | answered May 29 '09, 3:28 a.m.
Currently you would need to cut and paste the relevant parts of the Process Customization Source from one project area to the other.

True, this is what I want to do.

I don't understand if there is the possibility to this or if I need to open a new work item for this improvement.

Thanks in advance.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.