It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restrictions to Load a component into sandbox in Jazz Source Control?

Tanmay Shirnalkar (1531219) | asked Feb 07 '15, 7:28 a.m.
Hi All,

I don't want users to Load a particular component from their private Jazz Repository workspace into the sandbox (Local Workspace).

Is there any way available in Rational Team Concert to restrict users from loading particular repository workspace component only into their sandbox. I'm not aware of any preconditions or permissions for such, if any.

Can you please suggest me some way around?

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 07 '15, 12:13 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Since it is their Jazz Repository workspace, and their sandbox, why would you want/need to prevent them from loading whatever they want into it?  

Accepted answer

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Feb 09 '15, 10:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If users don't load a component into their development environments, I suggest you remove it from the stream that they contribute to. That way they will receive a 'component removal' notification that will suggest that they should remove the component and new repository workspaces won't contain the component. 

One reason you might want a component in a stream is because you need it for a build. If that's the case, then you can add the component to your build workspace and set the flow target to be another stream that holds the component. 

If that isn't possible, you can suggest to users that they load with a specific load rule file that excludes the component you don't want to load. 
Tanmay Shirnalkar selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.