It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC OSLC search for workitems with a specific related artifacts URI

Michael Baylis (1832719) | asked Feb 04 '15, 6:07 a.m.
Hi,
    We are currently using RTC 4.0.6 and I am writing a Java client program using Eclipse LYO to perform a OSLC search of work items.   The search revolves around the Related Artifacts.  I would like to find all workitems that currently have a related artifact link that exactly matches a URI, eg, "mike:bob:george". 

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/WorkItemAPIsForOSLCCM20  gives a good description of what is needed to drive the query,   but doesn't quite tell me how search on related artifacts.  Any ideas?

Cheers,

Michael Baylis
IBM CICS TS DevOps & Test Infrastructure
IBM Hursley

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Feb 04 '15, 7:15 a.m.
Far as I know there is no mechanism to query the contents of a related artifact link.
you can find workitems WITH a Related Artifact link.  (thru plain java api),
but cannot query the contents directly...

you would have to write more code to find the contents of the links of the workitems from the query results
I do not know what LYO provides in this regard.

Comments
Michael Baylis commented Feb 04 '15, 9:27 a.m.

I suspected this might be the case as you can't do this search through the Eclipse client either.  Oh well,  need to take a different approach.  As I am only looking for defects that are open and have a related artifact,  I can scan them for a specific one.

Any idea of the oslc query string for looking for items with a related artifact.  Don't want to use the plain java api as it needs to be lightweight to go into a Jenkins plugin.

Cheers,

Michael

sam detweiler commented Feb 04 '15, 9:31 a.m.

sorry, no idea how to use OSLC for this

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.