It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

UrbanCode Deploy and Release: can we use WebSphere Application Server?

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Jan 31 '15, 4:53 p.m.
Hello,

It seems that the urbanCode Deploy and Release only support their embedded Tomcat. I did not find any option to use WebSphere Application Server.

Is there a way to use WAS instead of Tomcat to install/setup UrbanCode Deploy and Release?

Thanks and regards

Frank

One answer

permanent link
Lara Ziosi (33811112) | answered Feb 01 '15, 8:07 a.m.
Hello Frank,

While you might be able to tweak them i order to install them on WAS, you would then be in a completely unsupported configuration. Note that UCD creates 3 keystores and pre-configures tomcat accordingly, so you would have to reverse engineer this process to figure out what to do on WAS.
If this is a requirement, please enter a Request For Enhancement, choosing Rational > Release and Deploy and the specific product:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=submitRfe
I recommend entering one RFE per UCD and one for UCR.
Please also specify if you need traditional WAS or the WAS LIberty profile.

Finally: note that the forum for UrbanCode questions is not on jazz.net but on developerworks:

https://developer.ibm.com/answers/smartspace/urbancode/

Thank you and regards, Lara
IBM UrbanCode Support

Comments
Frank Ning commented Feb 02 '15, 1:38 p.m.

Hi Lara,

I just sent the request:

Thanks and regards
Frank

Guido Schneider commented Feb 02 '15, 2:10 p.m.

It's a must!

Lara Ziosi commented Feb 03 '15, 7:56 a.m.

Hello,

Since the RFEs for the two products will be triaged by different teams, I strongly recommend that you also open one separate for UrbanCode Deploy. In it, you can put a link to the one for UrbanCode Release for information, but it should be a separate requirement.

Thank you and regards, Lara

Frank Ning commented Feb 17 '15, 8:57 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.