It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 5.0.x: "No report resources were found" msg when adding "Custom Report" widget from the CCM/Reports category to the dashboard, why?

Maria Victoria Martinez Torino (14924559) | asked Jan 29 '15, 8:28 a.m.
Hi,
I have an RTC 5.0.2 project area with a custom template originally based on the "Formal Project Management" template.
When the user tries to add the "Custom Report" widget to the project's dashboard using the CCM Catalog and then "Reports" category, it throws her a message stating that "No report resources were found".
I noticed that when I click on "Custom Report", the description of the widget says that "This widget shows a custom report from a Rational Reporting Server. " See file attached below>

Could you please tell me if there is something missing in our server configuration or in any other place?

Additional info:
Our server was migrated from Jazz v5.0.1 to v5.0.2 and we have CCM, QM and RM applications run on that server.
We also have Windows 7 SP2 as the OS and FF ESR 31.0 as the default browser for web client.

Many thanks in advance!
Vicky

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alanna Zito (1.3k3) | answered Jan 30 '15, 8:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Maria,

The "Custom Report" widget is for displaying reports imported from Cognos (RRDI or Insight) (note that it is *not* for displaying reports from JRS).  It doesn't sound like you are using RRDI, which is why you see the message that there are no report resources.
What are you trying to do?  Are you trying to create a widget for some custom BIRT report?  If so, as mentioned in Sterling's answer, you should be using the Report widget.  The Report widget can be configured to display any "micro" report resource in your project.  To indicate that a report resource is a micro report (suitable for display on the dashboard), make sure that the "Identifier" field of the report contains the string "micro".
Maria Victoria Martinez Torino selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Maria Victoria Martinez Torino commented Jan 30 '15, 9:16 a.m. | edited Jan 30 '15, 9:19 a.m.

Hi Alanna,
As I explained in my original post, one of the users tried to add the "Custom Report" widget to the project's dashboard using the CCM Catalog and then "Reports" category, RTC showed her a message stating that "No report resources were found".
I just wanted to make sure that this was expected behavior (and not a bug in our configuration) given that we don't have JRS nor RRDI nor Insight installed in our server but only CLM.
And based on your answer and Sterling's answer, it seems that it is expected that we cannot see any data with the "Custom Report" widget since we don't have RRDI/Cognos installed.

One other answer

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8281269) | answered Jan 29 '15, 1:22 p.m.
Hello,

You don't mention JRS (Jazz Reporting Server), RRDI or Insight. Is your location using any of these products. They are an additional install/setup connection for reporting against CLM.

Comments
Maria Victoria Martinez Torino commented Jan 29 '15, 1:57 p.m. | edited Jan 29 '15, 1:57 p.m.

Hi,
I didn't mention those applications because we don't have them installed in our server...just the CLM ones.
No additional setups were done during the upgrade to CLM 5.0.2.
Hope it helps.
Victoria.

Sterling Ferguson-II commented Jan 29 '15, 3:48 p.m.

There is a Reports widget which gives you the ability to display the BIRT reports that come with the system. Then I believe the Custom Report is for display reports created with the JRS, RRDI tool that is an additional optional install for CLM.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.