It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to have "Filed against" attribut for each workitem in my project area?

Sedat kara (231120) | asked Nov 21 '14, 11:46 a.m.
 Hi all, 

I've got a project are with several teams so several categories. I would like to perform the following operation: when creating a workitem, I would like to fill in the "Filed against" attribute with a default value. I've created several default values in "Attribute customization">"Default values". Then in "Types and attributes", I select the workitem and modity the "Filed against" attribute so that it takes a default value. When I want to repeat the action for another workitem, I discover that "Filed against" attribute takes the values of the previous one. The behavior is like that the "Filed against" is common to all workitems.

Thanks for your help

Comments
sam detweiler commented Nov 21 '14, 3:09 p.m.

the filed against field definition IS common to all workitems.  you would have to use a calculated value script, which would have to check the workitem type and project and ..  whatever else makes sense

the default provider doesn't give you that level of control

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Nov 24 '14, 4:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 24 '14, 4:24 a.m.
Work Item attribute customization is currently not aware of the work item type and does not allow to configure customizations bound to types. There is an enhancement request: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=213840

However, in a JavaScript based attribute customization, you can detect the type and return values dependent on that. This is, as far as I can see the only option you have today. To get the value to return, the easiest way is to run a script and print the current value in the log. For some values (e.g. text), you can simply specify text. Other values require an ID to be passed. I can't tell of off the top of my head, what filed against expects.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.