It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I change or reduce the list of test environments that RQM offers me in my test plan?

Gerd Schiering (12211316) | asked Jan 28 '15, 4:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The default lists to create new test environments from is not what I am looking for in my usual work day.
How can I change this list to my needs for my hardware and software needs?

One answer

permanent link
Gerd Schiering (12211316) | answered Jan 28 '15, 5:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 28 '15, 5:06 a.m.
 The "Manage Project Properties" pages have an option to define the Lab Resource and Channel Properties.
This is where I can add my own definitions and hide the existing ones that I don't want to see in the resulting options lists.

From there I can do the same actions as described in the on line Help,
even if I am working out of a Test Plan and not the Lab Management functionality:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.lm.doc/topics/t_cust_labres_prop.html

If you only want to shorten the list of options given in the Test Plan there is 
the "Test Plan Environment Types" page which is on the "Manage Project Properties" page as well. 
Each environment type listed there has a menu that gets visible when you hover over the entry to remove it.

Once you log out and log back in you can see your changes in the Test Plan for the available environment options.

Both changes are project wide and will affect all your users.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.