It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I create a report in JRS with workitems assigned to the current user?

Christian Winkler (1321623) | asked Jan 27 '15, 6:36 a.m.
Hi!

I am using Jazz Reporting Service 5.0.2.
And I try to create a report with all workitems assigned to the current user.
I want to deploy a report that can be used by everybody on the dashboard to see his/her open tasks in all projects.

Right now I am very happy that there is the possibility to show workitems across all project areas.
But without Condition "current user" it is hard to use.

Thanks!
Christian

Accepted answer

permanent link
Theresa Ramsey (1915) | answered Jan 30 '15, 3:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Christian,
There's no way to show 'current user' right now, though we'll take that into account for future.

You can create a work item report with condition of Status Group Category = Open (and In Progress). Or you could do the inverse where Status Group Category is not Closed. Then select all users and sort by user so people can scroll to their name. Agree, not ideal particularly if you have a lot of users (there's a 400 user limit to add to your report).

Please continue to share your input!
Theresa, UX Design lead
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Christian Winkler commented Feb 02 '15, 4:32 a.m.

Hello Theresa,

thanks for your reply.
Using all users does not really work. I wanted to create a report for the current user to watch his/her tasks of all projects. Without filtering for a user it leads to too much entries.

Is there an enhancement or ticket that I can watch?
Christian

2 other answers

permanent link
Theresa Ramsey (1915) | answered Feb 02 '15, 11:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Christian,
Understand that you might have too many results without current user style designation, which is why we do have that one on our list of enhancements. JRS is currently using a private RTC instance, though we may move to public now that the product is available. 
Theresa

permanent link
Janet Charbonneau (852754) | answered Dec 03 '15, 3:41 p.m.

Theresa,

I am trying to do the same thing that was brought up in this question.  Is there a current enhancement created for this?  Is there an ETA for this enhancement?  Do you have a link to the enhancement so I can follow the progress?  We are starting to roll out many new projects and a widget with the list of all task owners is not acceptable.

Thank you,

Janet Charbonneau

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.