It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Acces restriction to Work Item

abdoul thomas (826) | asked Jan 23 '15, 5:58 a.m.

Hello,

I'm working on a specific process for managing evolution and bug request on our software.

I want to use RTC as it seems to be make for it.

I see that access restriction are defined on iteration and role. But is it possible to restrict access only for user? For exemple I want that only the user who was affected on a task could modify the estimation duration.

It's possible to defined it on a specific developer role but in this case all developers (persons who have the developer role)  could modify the value and i only want that the person affect to the task was able to modify it.

Is there a solution?

Thanks,

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 23 '15, 6:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You would need a custom advisor like https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2014/05/26/only-owner-can-close-workitem-advisor/ to implement such kind of behavior.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
abdoul thomas commented Jan 24 '15, 3:35 p.m. | edited Jan 26 '15, 2:19 a.m.

Thank you Ralph,

So If i well understand i need to customize RTC for that feature? But in fact i'm only an administrator...RTC is deployed by another society. So i will only used role restriction...

Thank you,

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 26 '15, 2:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, you would have to customize RTC as far as I know.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.