It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Querying RRC Database

Vivekanandan krishnamoorthy (611) | asked Jan 22 '15, 11:13 p.m.
 Dear all,

Want to Query RRC Database and extract the list of RRC ID, Artifacts type, created date, created by, modified date, modified by to have a total inventory of RRC created for control purposes

With query i shall use various fillters and take the list that suits my consumption from time to time

How to do it..? There is no adhoc reporting in RRC and there is export available at each screen, but it is too time consuming and not getting me anywhere on keeping tab on daily basis

Any help would be appreciated

Advance thanks for your help

3 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Jan 23 '15, 1:08 a.m.
I don't think any existing features will meet your requirement. I believe you need to build your own tools using available APIs such as the reportable REST API.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RRCReportableRestAPI

Comments
Bas Bekker commented Jan 23 '15, 10:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, the reportable REST API would be a good choice.
Another option, though it would mean programming to extract what you want is the OSLC REST API: OSLC Rest API Workshop

permanent link
Walter Cigana (1245) | answered Jan 28 '15, 3:43 p.m.
I am not 100% I understand what you are looking for, but if you just want a daily delta of new artifacts would filtering on any artifacts created after your last day's export suit your needs? This can be done with a filter looking through your whole database and you can export this.

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jan 29 '15, 4:44 a.m.
Hello Vivekanandan,

if you have a configured data warehouse you can also get most of those information querying it.

You can see the details of the relations between RRC elements and Data Warehouse tables here:

Data dictionary for requirement artifacts
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/rm/rm-roles.html

check Data Warehouse Schema, Data Warehouse Table, Data Warehouse Column.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.