It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to detect locked artifacts in RRC?

Natsumi Yokoyama (209386101) | asked Mar 12 '14, 2:32 a.m.
edited Mar 12 '14, 3:24 a.m.
Hi

How to detect locked artifacts in RRC?
In order to resolve unintended lock, I want to know the way to search and  to detect locked artifacts in RRC.

My customer uses RRC 4.0.6.

Thank you in advance.

Natsumi

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Mar 12 '14, 4:28 a.m.
Can you please suggest what you mean by "detect locked artifacts"?
By default, if there is any locked artifact, the artifact view will show the locked icon next to the artifacts.
If you want to know who locked on when, you can add display settings to the view with locked by and locked on columns:

If the list is too long for you because it contains unlocked items, you can filter the locked artifacts only for all users or specific users:

Natsumi Yokoyama selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Marcelo Juca (1) | answered Jun 27 '14, 4:33 p.m.
Great tip for RRC 4.0.6.
My customer is using RRC 4.0.2 and I could not find this attribute on this version. Maybe it was removed/deleted accidentally or it does not exist in this version. How could I find the LOCKED ON artifacts so I can unlock all of them at the end of the day or before a go on vacations? Is there any way to create something to find this information like your screenshots above?
Regards, Marcelo Jucá.

Comments
Erica Tran commented Jun 27 '14, 4:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Marcelo,

It was added in version 4.0.3.  Here is a link to the 4.0.3 new and noteworthy page. 

Marcelo Juca commented Jun 27 '14, 6:07 p.m.

Thank you Erica. Any suggestion to work in 4.0.2? 

Mike Jaworski commented Jun 30 '14, 9:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Since the "Locked On/Locked By" functionality isn't available in version 4.0.2, you could use this non-standard approach to detect any locked artifacts:

- With an Admin user account, navigate to the following URL: https://[host]/rm/rmadmin#action=com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.web.debugQuery
- In the "Custom SPARQL Query Scope" dropdown box at the top of the page, select the project which you would like to query against, or else select "Repository" to search for all locks across all projects.
- Enter the following SPARQL query in the input box, and click the "Run Query" button:

PREFIX rm: <http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/rdm/rdf/>
SELECT ?resource
WHERE {
    ?resource rm:lock ?lock .
}

- Any results reported indicate artifacts which are locked. You should be able to copy/paste the URLs into your browser window and unlock the artifacts from the editor.

Jin Zhou commented Oct 21 '15, 1:27 a.m.

Hi Mike,

Whether below link still available for CLM 5.0.2?
I couldn't open the page with below URL when using Admin user.

URL: https://[host]:[Port]/rm/rmadmin#action=com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.web.debugQuery

Any suggestions? Or specific license is required?

Thanks and Regards

Mike Jaworski commented Oct 21 '15, 8:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,

The URL is similar in CLM 5.0.2 - you should just need to change "rmadmin" to simply "admin". So the full URL would look something like this:

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Jun 30 '14, 9:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 I'm going by memory here, but I think prior to 4.0.3, the best you can do is filter by artifacts that were last modified by you, and then manually look for which ones are locked.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.