It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI install error: CRRRA3009E: Unable to log on to the report server with the specified namespace ID, user ID and password.

Mike Shkolnik (9808160143) | asked Jan 06 '15, 7:39 p.m.
I am installing RRDI 5.0.2 on Windows Server 2012 with WAS 8.5.5.4. It is connecting to MS SQL Server 2012 and RTC 5.0.2 (on a Linux 6.4 server with Tomcat). Everything is 64 bit. I run through the entire install process fine, up until the last section. On the final section "Build and Deploy Reporting Components" during the 2nd to last step "Waiting for the report server to initialize and set the Rational Reporting style...",  I get this error. The log shows the below sequence. Any idea why this is failing? Why would it say "successfully logged on to the report server" and then a few steps later say "Unable to log on to the report server with the specified namespace ID, user ID and password"? - settings which already passed validation in the previous steps.

01/07/2015 00:13:01,991 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.contents.utils.AccountUtil : Entering logon, userId=rrdi_user
01/07/2015 00:13:02,788 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.contents.utils.AccountUtil : CRRRA3003I: Successfully logged on to the report server...
01/07/2015 00:13:02,788 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.contents.utils.AccountUtil : Exiting logon
01/07/2015 00:13:02,835 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.contents.utils.CMConnection : Exiting connectToCognosServer, isConnected=true
01/07/2015 00:13:02,835 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.contents.impl.SetupContentImpl : Exiting loginToBIServer
01/07/2015 00:13:02,835 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.biserver.service.WasDeploymentService : CRRRA2040I: Set the default style for the report server.
01/07/2015 00:13:02,867 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.contents.impl.SetupContentImpl : com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.contents.impl.SetupContentImpl: Entering setSkinOfAllUsers
01/07/2015 00:13:02,867 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.contents.impl.SetupContentImpl : CRRRA3013I: Setting the 'IBM Rational Reporting' style as the default style for all users...
01/07/2015 00:13:02,960 ERROR com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.contents.utils.AccountUtil : CRRRA3009E: Unable to log on to the report server with the specified namespace ID, user ID and password.
01/07/2015 00:13:02,960 WARN  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.contents.utils.AccountUtil : CM-REQ-4342 An error occurred with the client.
01/07/2015 00:13:02,960 ERROR com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.biserver.service.WasDeploymentService : Exit WasDeploymentService.executeWasCognosConfigurationStep4 with exception
01/07/2015 00:13:02,960 ERROR com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.steps.DeployCognosToWASStepService : com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.biserver.common.RRDIBIServerException: CRRRA2085E: Cannot set the style of the report server.
com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.biserver.common.RRDIBIServerException: CRRRA2085E: Cannot set the style of the report server.

2 answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jan 07 '15, 4:10 a.m.
Hello Mike,

this usually means that there is a problem accessing the cognos application that at that point of the setup is expected to be up and running.

To check what's happening you can:
  • try to log in to the RRDI/cognos Web UI and see if it works: http://rrdi-server:port/reporting
  • check the cognos logs for error: [rrdi install]/cognos/logs/cogserver.log
Best Regards

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Mike Shkolnik commented Jan 07 '15, 12:53 p.m.

You might be on the right track. Found this at the end of the cognos log:

Original Error: CM-REQ-4335 An error occurred while updating the object '/configuration/account[@name='User Profile']'.  CM-REQ-4012 You do not have the appropriate permissions to update or delete the object "/Configuration/User Profile" or a related object.

Any idea how I fix that?

Mike Shkolnik commented Jan 07 '15, 1:32 p.m.

One important thing I forgot to mention - this step ran successfully the first time. However, the final step failed because I had thought the SQL client was already installed and it wasn't. Since it's not possible to run the 6 steps of "Deploy reporting components" individually, I had no choice but to click the "Deploy" button again after installing the SQL client. On every subsequent try, it stops one step sooner with the posted error. A likely scenario is that running "Waiting for the report server to initialize and set the Rational Reporting style" more than once requires a permission not needed for running it the first time. The question now is what permission do I have to give to what user to remedy this and have it complete successfully and run the final step of "Configuring user access for the report server", which will succeed now that I have the client installed.

Mike Shkolnik commented Jan 07 '15, 2:20 p.m.

I added the reporting user to the JazzAdmins group and that solved the problem! Note that I had already tried adding it to the JazzDWAdmins group and that had not helped.

So now I am getting an error on the final step. Another post for that...

Thanks for leading me to the Cognos log file. 

Francesco Chiossi commented Jan 08 '15, 4:31 a.m. | edited Jan 08 '15, 4:33 a.m.

Hello Mike,

glad to hear you managed to find a solution and thanks for sharing it.
This is because by default, JazzAdmin members are assigned to the System Administrator group in Cognos. I don't think JazzDWAdmins is really used for anything by default.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

permanent link
Christopher Robinson (571817) | answered Jan 06 '15, 8:19 p.m.
edited Jan 06 '15, 8:19 p.m.
Hi Mike,

Try increasing the timeout on the server.
<rrdi installation="" directory="">/setup/tool/JazzTeamServer/server/conf/rrdi/rrdi.properties

And change:
"com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.cognosInitializeWaitTime=600"
to
"com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.cognosInitializeWaitTime=1200"

When you say it fails with that error. Did the install complete and you just saw the error or is the error preventing the completion of the install?

Comments
Mike Shkolnik commented Jan 06 '15, 9:20 p.m.

In theory, timeout issues should mention the word "timeout" in the log. There is no occurrence of the word "timeout" in the log. Still, I tried changing the timeout anyway and had the same result. 

The error prevents completion of the install. The final step "Configuring user access for the report server..." is not run.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.