It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SCRUM Template: Description of the Task Status subselection

Siegfried Oesterreicher (10713730) | asked May 20 '09, 7:51 a.m.
Hello,

maybe my question was asked and answered often but I can't find an answer.

What are the detailed descriptions for the different sub selection from the SCRUM Template WorkItem Task "Resolve" status:

Fixed
    Duplicate
    Won't Fix
    Works For Me
    Invalid
    Later
    Fixed Upstream

Thanks in advance
Sigi

Accepted answer

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44351) | answered May 20 '09, 7:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

Fixed -- The work item has been completed and the issue addressed. If the work item is a defect, the problem reported in the defect should no longer occur. Othrewise, the actions described by the work item have been taken.
Duplicate -- The work item is the same as another work item, which is linked to in the "Duplicate Of" section of the links tab of the work item.
Won't Fix -- The work item will not be addressed.
Works For Me -- The work item describes an issue that cannot be reproduced.
Invalid -- The work item describes an issue that is bogus. This can happen if the person creating the work item makes a mistake.
Later -- The work item will not be addressed in the current release cycle, but may be revisited during a subsequent release.
Fixed Upstream -- The issue described in the work item was fixed as a result of changes associated with some other work item. For instance, I recently filed a work item about a detail in a piece of UI. The UI was subsequently completely changed for other reasons. The changes fixed the problem I filed the work item for, so I resolved the work item as "Fixed Upstream"

Martha
Jazz Developer
Siegfried Oesterreicher selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Wegra Lee (3622) | answered May 20 '09, 11:41 p.m.
Thanks, Martha.

I copied and pasted your explanations into the resolutions table of my project's workflow.
Would you do the same for the RTC's default Scrum template. It must be helpful for beginners.

Wegra.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.