It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Defects module in RQM

Alka Bahirat (36177) | asked May 20 '09, 6:59 a.m.
Hi All,

Can anybody help me know a way to view all the defects created in RQM. If we select the 'Go to Defects' option in Defects (RQM 2.0 Beta 1) we are either displayed with a screen asking us to create a work item and a query. Is there any other option where I can view all the defects (open and closed) as I do not know how to deal with the queries.

Also when want to add an existing defect to an fail test step during execution and I click on the 'Defects' dropdown on the Script Execution screen and select 'Add Existing Defects a 'Defects View' dailog box is displayed where i should search for the existing defect. Can anybody help me to understand how this needs to be done.

Thanks in advance,
Alka

3 answers

permanent link
Helen Lozoraitis (60624) | answered May 20 '09, 6:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, since RQM can work with multiple defect systems, the view is not built in like the other artifacts. So you do need to use the Go to Defects view to look at all the RQM defects. One quick trick is to click on Create Query, and then just click on the Run button in the upper right. That will show you everything stored there by RQM, the defects along with other things like Requirements, Tasks, etc.

To see just the Defects, click on the plus sign to add a condition, then scroll down and select "Type". Then click on Add Attribute Condition and select "Defect". Now click on Run and you will see all your Defects. To save this query so that you can use it again next time, put something in the name field such as "All Defects" and then click on the Save button. The query will be there for you to use next time.

FYI this is the RTC UI for query building, so you might be able to get more information from the RTC forum or documentation. Thanks.

permanent link
renuka dorai (621) | answered May 25 '09, 7:46 a.m.
Hi,

Defect Item is not found in Add Attribute Section.Will u please help us in understanding the functionality of create query in a more detailed fashion

Thanks
Renuka

permanent link
Helen Lozoraitis (60624) | answered May 27 '09, 3:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, you have to have selected Type as a condition before you will see Defect as a choice. For a description of how to create a query, and other work item related functions, I would recommend looking at the RTC Help - http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v1r0m0/index.jsp

Expand Tutorials in the Contents panel and check for Lesson 7: The Web user interface, then look for a section on Finding Work Items. That has some good basic information. And/or, you could post a detailed question in the RTC forum since they are the experts on it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.