It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Question about WAS installation for enterprise topology

Narayanan Potti (27037279) | asked Dec 13 '14, 7:05 a.m.
I need to install CLM 5.0.2 applications in enterprise topology, application server is WAS 8.5.5. I installed applications on separate Windows VMs as follows:

Server1 - WAS 8.5.5 and JTS 5.0.2
Server2 - CCM 5.0.2 only
Server3 - QM 5.0.2 only
Server4 - RM 5.0.2 only

For enterprise do I need to install WAS on Server2, Server3 and Server4 ? Please let me know.

Thanks
NP

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Dec 14 '14, 6:28 p.m.
Of course you need to. Each CLM application is a web application that has to run on a web application server, such as WAS or Tomcat.
If you check the diagram in this deployment wiki, you will see that each machine with pink highlight (the application machine) has WAS illustrated there.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/RecommendedCLMDeploymentTopologies5
Narayanan Potti selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Narayanan Potti commented Dec 15 '14, 7:24 a.m.

Thanks a lot Donald, greatly appreciated. I should have looked closely at the topology diagram  then I would have noticed pink highlights.

I guess I need to run the same post installation steps to Setup WebSphere Application Server and to Deploy Web Application files (.WAR files) on all the 4 servers. Interactive Installation Guide at CLM 5.0.2 Infocenter doesn't give   any mention of this.

Donald Nong commented Dec 15 '14, 6:24 p.m.

Your understanding is correct.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.