It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is there a lack of GUI consistency for Configuration Management between QM and RM?

Kalena Blue (36515) | asked Dec 10 '14, 4:29 p.m.
Why is there a difference in the GUI when creating a baseline/stream in QM as to when you create it in the RM app.  It would be great to have both of those interfaces reflect the same thing.  In one of them you have the option of choosing a stream and baseline in one interface and in the other product it does no look like that, so it would be good to have a UI consistency.

3 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Dec 10 '14, 5:10 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 10 '14, 5:10 p.m.
Yes I agree, and we intend to provide more UI consistency in a later beta milestone.

permanent link
Chris Thompson (11268) | answered Dec 11 '14, 9:14 a.m.
UX consistency work is being tracked through Plan Item 337121 and on the wiki page here

Comments
Taly Hotimsky commented Dec 11 '14, 9:46 a.m.

Thanks, Chris!

If I understand correctly, these are heavily related to the new CM capabilities (which is trully appreciated).

Are there any other WIs/Initiatives planned around overall consistency - not only GUI, not only CM (ie. porperties menu in RDNG x RQM, reviews/approval in RTC x RDNG x RQM, etc)?

I'm aware of a few scattered items (for instance, for improving Review in RDNG), but this is the first I'm getting about a consistency Initiative, which is great!

permanent link
N Z (3622127) | answered Dec 10 '14, 10:12 p.m.
 Yes, I would like to see consistency across all the tools and operations. Another example, in RTC the Project Areas are sorted differently from different operations. We've seen many other inconsistencies. The irony is that CLM is promoted as a collaboration tool, and in many areas there seems to be a distinct lack of collaboration within the Jazz Team. I say this tongue-in-cheek, but it is not much of an endorsement....

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.