It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

error upgrading RM (DoorsNextGen) from 5.0.1 to 5.0.2

Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | asked Dec 08 '14, 9:11 a.m.
edited Dec 18 '14, 1:00 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
 Hi there,

again I'm back with an error message while upgrading.
I'm trying in our dev environment the upgrade from CLM 5.0.1 to CLM 5.0.2 and facing error upgrading RM.

The command I'm using is this:
upgrade\rm\rm_upgrade.bat -noPrompt -noStepPrompt -newJTSHome D:\ProgramFiles\IBM\JTS_v502\server\conf -oldJTSHome D:\ProgramFiles\IBM\JTS_v501\server\conf -oldApplicationHome D:\ProgramFiles\IBM\RRC_v501\server\conf -updateTomcatFiles no

The upgrade is working - connection to database is successfully and so on - but after a while he fails while adding tables (or within the post step of it).
(...)
Adding tables to the database "//jazzdev-db.rsint.net:49617;databaseName=RM_DEV;user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx".	
CRJAZ8191W: The full-text index location is not set
CRJAZ2692I No new type handlers found for the current model versions.
The user "ADMIN" has logged in to the database "//jazzdev-db.rsint.net:49617;databaseName=RM_DEV;user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx".
Running post addTables for "com.ibm.team.repository"...
CRJAZ2661I The database will now be searched for private contexts missing self references. Any missing references will be repaired.
Added self references to 0 contexts in 0 ms.
Running post addTables for "com.ibm.team.repository.auth"...
Running post addTables for "com.ibm.team.process"...
Starting RM Server Migration. Current repository version set at [5.0.1]
Updating RM Storage Areas
CRJZS5650I Indices directory is D:\ProgramFiles\IBM\RRC_v502\server\conf\rm\indices
CRJZS5800I  Private applications are using a transactional RDF index
CRJZS6113I Server AMU242 changed its state to primary server for asynchronous indexing.
Updating RM Project Templates
Starting RM Server Type System Migration
Error running migration
        CRJAZ0683I An error occurred during the post-import handler for the "com.ibm.team.process" namespace. com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.exception.ForbiddenException. See the log file "D:\ProgramFiles\IBM\RRC_v502\server\repotools-rm_addTables.log" for details.
Running post addTables for "com.ibm.team.jfs.resource"...
Running post addTables for "com.ibm.team.markers"...
Running post addTables for "com.ibm.team.reports"...
Running post addTables for "com.ibm.team.repository.friends"...
Running post addTables for "com.ibm.team.jfs.indexes"...
Running post addTables for "Full Text Migration Handler"...
Running post addTables for "com.ibm.team.jfs.indexes"...
Running post addTables for "Full Text Migration Handler"...
The user "ADMIN" has logged out of the database "//jazzdev-db.rsint.net:49617;databaseName=RM_DEV;user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx".
CRJAZ1791E The migration completed with errors. The imported database is unstable and should not be used without further analysis.
CRJZS5652I Indexing services are being shut down ...
CRJZS5651I Indexing services finished shutting down in 16 ms
(...)

Within the logfile those two errors appear:
1)
Error running migration
com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.exception.ForbiddenException: com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.exception.ForbiddenException
Caused by: com.ibm.team.jfs.sdk.common.ForbiddenException: CRJZS6008E User is not authorized in the specified context
2)
CRJAZ0683I An error occurred during the post-import handler for the "com.ibm.team.process" namespace.
Caused by: com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.exception.ForbiddenException: com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.exception.ForbiddenException

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Simon

2 answers

permanent link
Gail Burati (611) | answered Dec 08 '14, 10:04 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Simon -

I often hit "ForbiddenException" if I do not have the correct licenses. I'm not exactly sure why you're hitting it here though as we removed the license check on RM upgrades back in 4.x days. 

One significant change between 501 and 502 is the merge of LPA into JTS which is accomplished via an additional repotools command in the jts_upgrade script - did all go well there?

Let me know and we'll go from there - thanks!

Gail

Comments
Simon Eickel commented Dec 08 '14, 10:14 a.m.

Hi Gali,

as there are no other error messages through the upgrade process, I assume it go well there.
Can you tell me how I can proove it?

Greetings,
Simon

Zeeshan Choudhry commented Dec 08 '14, 10:21 a.m.

Hi Simon,

That would be all repotools log in the server folder of 5.0.2

Simon Eickel commented Dec 08 '14, 10:28 a.m.

Hi Zee,

yes - that's what I thought - but which statement?
The only merge statement I found was the merging of the teamserver.properties - is this what you mean by LPA ?

At the end this statement comes through:
2014-12-08 16:26:14,863 The configuration files are merged successfully.

Greetings,
Simon

Simon Eickel commented Dec 08 '14, 10:30 a.m.

one interesting part:

He seems to be starting a derby instance though we are running with SQL server ...

Zeeshan Choudhry commented Dec 08 '14, 11:01 a.m.

Thats Ok. It updates the teamserver.properties file and will have the correct database after the update of that file from the old server 5.0.1

Gail Burati commented Dec 08 '14, 11:02 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Simon -

The addTables log refers to the RM_DEV database so I think the derby.log is unrelated. Can you also take a look at the repotools-jts_*.log files to make sure updateConfigurationFiles, addTables and mergeLPA commands succeeded? Thanks!

Gail

Simon Eickel commented Dec 08 '14, 1:24 p.m.

Within the merge logfile of jts is this entry visible:

2014-12-08 13:44:18,883 The LPA is migrated successfully.

So I think there where no errors.

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

permanent link
Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | answered Dec 08 '14, 10:44 a.m.
 Please find all repotool log files (which are created while upgrading) through those links:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-9968687/derby.log.html
http://www.file-upload.net/download-9968697/repotools-rm_addTables.log.html
http://www.file-upload.net/download-9968702/repotools-rm_migration_rm_updateConfigurationFiles.log.html
http://www.file-upload.net/download-9968712/repotools-rm_version.log.html

Greetings,
Simon

Comments
Zeeshan Choudhry commented Dec 08 '14, 10:58 a.m.

Hi Simon,
I can not access these files. You have opened the PMR so its best you add the files there. Too many places with information can cause confusion. Looks like a deep investigation needs to be done.

The files to attach to PMR are:

repotools-rm_addTables.log
repotools-rm_mergeLPAJTS.log ( If available)
repotools-rm_migration_rm_updateConfigurationFiles.log
repotools-rm_version.log

Attach the one to PMR for JTS as well.

Simon Eickel commented Dec 08 '14, 1:24 p.m.

Hi Zee,

all logfiles and the datacollection (140MB) is now attached to the PMR as well.

Greetings,
Simon

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.