It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz Text Search does not find all work items where search field is contained near the end of the work item description

frank malin (3287) | asked Dec 02 '14, 11:49 a.m.
I am attempting to use the "Jazz Text Search" feature in an eclipse client to locate all work items which contain a "string". A number of work items are returned, but not all work items. It seems that the search algorithm (as well as full text query) only parses so much of the work item description, and does not parse the entire description.
It appears the the location of the "string" into the work item also contributes to the score.
Is there some way which I can enable the search to parse the entire work item description, thus returning all work items which contain "string".

Comments
Brian Fleming commented Dec 02 '14, 3:00 p.m.

Frank - how long are your descriptions?  A similar issue was reported against RRC here:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=314449
It might be worth trying the same solution against RTC.

frank malin commented Dec 02 '14, 5:05 p.m.

Thanks for the link Brian. The problem that I am seeing is slightly different.
I took the text from the work item 314449 and updated one of my work items on my system.
I added findme<n> thru out the work item, and ran searches on the text until it could not find the string anymore.

Here is the snippet of the modified output :
Any workarounds?:
Edit every missing artifact Findme6 on the list to manually update the broken index (not realistic but it does work around the issue)

5/2/2014 - not sure we will be ab to Findme9 defer this. Findme10 Started to write up the deferral just in Findme15 case. Findme11
Findme16
Findme14
DEFERRAL INFO

I could find: Findme16
I could not find : Findme14

Where the find failed was around :
  39 lines  
  502 words
  3067 characters

I did rebuild all my indexes a week or so ago, I am able to update the work item and get it to show up in the search as long as I am in the first 39 lines of the file.

I am running on 4.0.x

I did also try the seach on jazz.net and the search function worked on this server.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.