It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Ability to export a customized RTC project dashboard

Keith Posner (3123) | asked Nov 12 '14, 7:21 a.m.
edited Nov 12 '14, 7:23 a.m.
I am looking for a way to export a customized RTC project dashboard. We would like to export to the project dashboard defined for our project area, with all of its customized tabs and portlets, so that it could be imported into another project area. The target user would have our project template, so they would be able to replicate all of our work item types, editors, and predefined queries. We would also like to give them the ability to import our project area dashboard, so they can also recreate our customized dashboard without having to build it from scratch.

I saw some posts about this dated from the 2009 to 2011 period and it seemed that there was some development work going on to provide the ability to export a customized project dashboard.Has there been any update? Is this functionality available yet?

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Nov 12 '14, 7:26 a.m.
I spent a bunch of time at the beginning of the year trying to do this as part of a project copy utility I created for one company.   Unfortunately I wasn't successful.  The data here is undocumented and quite complex.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.