It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any shortcut way to find stream creation date in RTC ?

Faizal Rahman (821014) | asked Nov 04 '14, 6:05 a.m.
How to find out the stream creation date in RTC 4.0.3 version.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Jan 20 '15, 2:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 The creation date of a stream isn't exposed in the UIs. If you want to see the date in our UIs, open a Request For Enhancement

In recent versions of RTC, you can get a pretty good approximation by running 'Show baselines' on a component in the workspace and looking at the 'Date Added' column for the first baseline in the list. 
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Nov 04 '14, 7:44 a.m.
I don't think there is a date associated with a stream. created or last changed.
a stream is a container of changes.. changes have dates.

permanent link
Jeff Care (1.0k3833) | answered Jan 19 '15, 3:00 p.m.
 In the GUI if you right-click on a stream and do Show > Events you can scroll back far enough & see the creation date of the stream.

I've been trying to find how to get this information via the API and I haven't had any success,

Comments
Evan Hughes commented Jan 20 '15, 2:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Have you tried using com.ibm.team.repository.client.IItemManager.fetchAllStateHandles() to list the item history? I haven't used it, but it all states for an item, with the most recent state at [0], so that should correspond to a history. I'm assuming that it's ordered from most recent to oldest. 

If you have questions about it, point me at your question or open a work item about it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.