It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why do I get "OS not recognized" when I try toinstall DNG on a PC running windows 8.1?

Allan Gardner (611) | asked Oct 28 '14, 5:14 p.m.
edited Oct 28 '14, 5:23 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
I am interested in the requirements module DOORS.  I have a standalone PC running windows 8.1   1 want to use the trial version as a refresher / update (I used doors some 10 years ago!

I’m having trouble installing it.

I have launched the jazz team server and applied the default section

I get this message

CRJAZ9003W - The operating system type is not recognized.
The system cannot determine if the operating system is supported.
See the list of supported server operating systems, and make sure that you are using one of those operating systems.
[Details: os.name=Windows Vista; os.arch=amd64; os.version=6.2 build 9200; distribution=].

I need guidance - please.

Kind regards

Allan

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 28 '14, 5:24 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Remember to phrase your question as a question ... one way to tell is that if you don't have a question mark at the end of your title, it isn't a question.   I've edited your title to reflect the question I believe you meant to ask.

Don Yang commented Oct 28 '14, 6:07 p.m. | edited Jun 14 '17, 6:07 p.m.

It is not clear what version of RDNG you are installing, obviously Windows 8.1 is not supported for the server but only for client, please see the system requirements for latest version5.0.1:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMSystemRequirements50#A1_Server_Operating_Systems

Keith Woodard commented Jun 14 '17, 12:05 p.m. | edited Jun 14 '17, 6:07 p.m.

I receive this same message for Windows 10 Pro 64-bit but according to Jazz, this OS should be supported.

Keith Woodard commented Jun 14 '17, 1:29 p.m. | edited Jun 14 '17, 6:08 p.m.

Other critical client pieces are install-able under Windows 10 Pro 64-bit except for the server components. This policy by IBM makes it very difficult to prototype their solutions for prospective customers.

Donald Nong commented Jun 14 '17, 9:21 p.m.

I don't really get it. A server application is supposed to run on a server platform. Whether you can install it is one thing, while whether it is supported is another.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.