It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

clarification needed regarding running the501 upgrade scripts for RM applications

anoop mc (74811194221) | asked Oct 21 '14, 6:21 a.m.
 Hi.

We are following the CLM 501 upgrade info center guide for performing the CLM 406 upgrade to 501.
For JTS,CCM and QM the information looks fine.

But when it came to RM It is not clear as we are using distributed topology.

When we ran the below command, It failed and I suspect there are some files which needs to be copied from the JTS server.

1. In the below command what does jts.teamserver.properties correspond to ?
2. Before running the RM upgrade scripts do we need to copy the teamserver.properties file from the JTS      sever ?
3. In the SQL DB should we create a new user like jtsDBuser (rmDBuser) and update the details in the teamserver.properties.

Note:
We have already created a copy of the JTS databases (SQL Server) and named it as rm

repotools-rm.bat -migration_rm_updateConfigurationFiles oldApplicationHome="E:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer406\server\conf" jts.teamserver.properties="E:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer501\server\conf\rm\teamserver.properties" ignoreJTSVersionCheck=true

2 answers

permanent link
anoop mc (74811194221) | answered Oct 21 '14, 6:35 a.m.
 After copying the teamserver.properties file from the JTS server and when tried running the below command

repotools-rm.bat -migration_rm_updateConfigurationFiles oldApplicationHome="E:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer406\server\conf" jts.teamserver.properties="E:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer501\server\conf\rm\teamserver.properties" ignoreJTSVersionCheck=true

it gave an error " 

Repo Tools
Provisioning using "E:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer501\server\conf\rm\provision_profiles".
  Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries, Version 5.0.1 (RJF-I20140805-1241)
  Rational DOORS Next Generation, Version 5.0.1 (RMS5.0.1-I20140805_2017)

Unrecognized parameters: "jts.teamserver.properties".
Usage:

permanent link
anoop mc (74811194221) | answered Oct 22 '14, 2:25 a.m.
Look like the info center got updated after this post.

This time I saw a different set of commands which works. 

Note: As I am running this script against RM application which is installed in distributed topology,make sure that you copy the teamserver.properties file from the JTS server and get it replaced with the new teamserver.properties file present in RM_501 install directory.

cd RM_5.0.1_Install_Dir\server
repotools-rm.bat -migration_rm_updateConfigurationFiles oldApplicationHome=RM_4.0.6_install_dir\server\conf ignoreJTSVersionCheck

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.