It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

PUT Iteration from RqmApi

Matthew Brazeau (2155) | asked Oct 13 '14, 9:14 p.m.
In "Manage Project Timelines", I would like to mimic the behavior of the "Create Timeline..." and "Create Iterations..." buttons over the Reportable REST RqmApi.

I need to have layers of iterations, so the structure would be similar to:
- "Main Developement Line [Project Timeline]"
     - Iteration 1
     - Iteration 2
          - Iteration 2.1
               - Iteration 2.2

I do not have timeline (dates) information to configure, just what is shown. 

Please show an example of this with GET and PUT commands, and with xml formatted bodies matching the Rqm Schema. I currently use Firefox's RESTClient to experiment with the RqmApi for an implementation being developed in Python.

I can currently PUT:
- "Main Developement Line [Project Timeline]" (<- with this already existing from manual creation)
     - Iteration 1 (<- I can PUT this)
     - Iteration 2 (<- I can PUT this)

When attempting to do any PUT's having to do with iteration, I get a status code of "405 Method Not Allowed". Over the RqmApi, how can one PUT parent / child iteration information relating to iterations? Specifically, so that this could occur:
- "Main Developement Line [Project Timeline]" (<- with this already existing from manual creation)
     - Iteration 1 (<- I can PUT this)
          - Iteration 2 (<- I can NOT PUT this)

Best,

-Matt

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Oct 14 '14, 9:14 p.m.
Do you have any documents as reference for creating timelines/iterations using OSLC/REST API? I have found none, hence the question. I understand that you can find the URI for the timelines/iterations, but it does not mean that you can automatically use PUT/POST against the same URI. If you check the RQM REST API document, you will see that not all the resources support PUT/POST method, let alone the ones not documented. In such case, an HTTP 405 "Method Not Allowed" is understandably expected.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi

permanent link
Matthew Brazeau (2155) | answered Oct 15 '14, 6:18 p.m.
Figured it out. No documentation found.

-Matt

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.