It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM REST API - Is it possible to filtering test case execution records by custom attribute which is a Date?

Simon Varley (314) | asked Jul 28 '16, 11:53 a.m.
edited Jul 28 '16, 11:54 a.m.
 We are trying to report on a custom field (Planned Date) to extract data for given months. We've noticed 2 things:
a) date filtering works fine on std RQM fields like creationDate:

b) date filtering only works with an exact string match for this 'Date' custom attribute:

https://myserver/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/myprojectarea/executionworkitem/?fields=feed/entry/content/executionworkitem[customAttributes/customAttribute/name = "Planned Date" and customAttributes/customAttribute/value = "2016-01-30T07:30:00.000Z"] 

Is it possible to filter test case execution records by custom attribute which is a Date?
e.g. ..... customAttributes/customAttribute/value > "2016-01-30T07:30:00.000Z"] 

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Michael Triantafelow (4513) | answered Sep 16 '16, 11:11 a.m.
Well, I can tell you that the right syntax for doing this in XPath would be like:

?fields=feed/entry/content/executionworkitem[date(customAttributes/customAttribute/value) > date('2016-09-15')]

That said, I tried this in QM and it didn't work.  Looks like we do not support this part of the XPath spec in the REST API's fields parameter feature.  I think this is an entirely reasonable thing to support, so I'd suggest that you open an enhancement request so that we can formally consider it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.