It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Lifecycle Project Archive possible?

Sean F (1.3k249160) | asked Jun 20 '14, 8:23 a.m.
I can create a project template for RM in the 'manage this project' area. I can download this template as .archive file and it contains all the details of the project template.

Can I do the same thing for a Lifecycle project? i.e. a single .archive file to cover linked RM CCM QM projects?

I can go to manage lifecycle project and there is a download link. It creates a very simple XML file that just lists the project areas but contains no details about those areas. What is the purpose of this?

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jun 20 '14, 8:31 a.m.

it is the instructions for constructing the lifecycle project.

the default is a project in each of rt, rqm, and rrc/dng, all with the right template in their area.

we modified one to create the RTC project with the Unconfigured process template cause we used process template sharing. doing it this way made it easy for others to do the setup without making mistakes.

lakshmi shree commented Sep 12 '15, 3:05 a.m. | edited Sep 20 '15, 4:00 p.m.

hello Sean

Could you please tell how you were able to download the .archive file and where it is located?
I created a Project template , but was not able to download it.

Thanks and regards
Lakshmi

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Jun 20 '14, 8:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 20 '14, 8:38 a.m.
 Hi Sean,

I don't think it is possible to download the entire lifecycle project as a single archive. As far as I know, each application contributes a distinct project archive to the lifecycle project, and the LPA (/admin) application maintains an XML file which just points to each of the distinct archives so it knows what to create when populating a lifecycle project. If you want details about the specific project archives for each of the CLM applications, you will need to download the XML file maintained by LPA, and then you'll need to go to each application and download the archives referenced in the XML file from there.

Hope this helps,
Mike
Sean F selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sean F commented Jun 20 '14, 12:12 p.m.

thanks Mike

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.