It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Which problems are checked in "Planning Problems Check"?

Heike Hefner (845) | asked Oct 06 '14, 11:47 a.m.
closed Oct 22 '14, 9:08 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
Looking at IBM Rational Help file*, there are only some examples given of what checks are made.
But what are the EXACT conditions that are checked (in differentiation to Plan Check "Traditional Planning Problems Check")?

(*) https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.apt.doc/topics/c_plan_view_options_web.html&scope=null
(sorry for not linking it, but "The value entered is not valid")

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by rschoon Oct 22 '14, 9:08 a.m.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 06 '14, 11:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The info center is what is available as information.

This is a list I compiled when looking into it:

Traditional Planning Check – displays warnings for traditional planning when any of the following conditions are true:
–The start and finish dates are not within the constraints of the Start No Earlier and Finish No Later parameters.
–A work item owner is not allocated to the project.
–A work item owner is utilized to full capacity within the current project allocation.
–Time is entered for the successor work item before the predecessor work item is complete.
–Work item predecessors planned for different iterations are ignored in the current work item schedule.
–A dependency is created between parent and child work items.

Comments
Heike Hefner commented Oct 16 '14, 8:30 a.m.

Sorry for not answering earlier. I couldn't login into forum since Monday last week (and didn't get help from jazz.net for one week).

Obviously, there is a misunderstanding: I didn't ask for "Traditional Planning Problems Check". That is described in the link, I posted (and from which you quoted your answer).
I want to know, which checks are performed in "Planning Problems Check".
Which checks won't be performed, if we switch from "Trad.Pl.Prob.Chck" to "Pl.Prob.Chck"?

BTW: What do you mean with "Info Center"? Currently, we only know the IBM Rational Help (see link above).

permanent link
Heike Hefner (845) | answered Oct 22 '14, 8:22 a.m.
It's too bad, that I didn't get an answer yet.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 22 '14, 9:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This was further discussed here: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/166160/planning-problems-check-which-checks-are-performed
I don't think to a successful result. But I will close this at this time.