It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to set ID for Automation Adapter?

Michael Frembs (2057) | asked Sep 26 '14, 10:10 a.m.
Hello,

I want to integrate my testtool with RQM 4.0.6 using a custom automation adapter. To learn how to develop a custom automation adapter I want to run the Sample Test Automation Adapter Source.

So far everything works fine. But I want to tune the programm a bit. When I run the programm the adapter is displayed at the adapter console. The adapter is matched with an ID. Is it possible to set the ID while register / login with the programm?

I have the problem that sometimes the adapter registers with a new ID (I guess it happens when I start the programm 2 times in parallel, but I'm not 100% sure about this). Over time it can be very frustrating to delete the old, inactive entries in the adapter console table.

Until now I couldn't find a setting to fix this problem. Can you help me?

Thanks
Michael

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Sep 29 '14, 8:29 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Did you see the -adapter adapter argument?

adapter: is a user given adapter identifier.  If not specified, a unique value will be generated.  If specified, this value MUST be unique across all adapters in a given project as it is used by the RQM server to identify this adapter.
Michael Frembs selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michael Frembs commented Sep 30 '14, 5:16 a.m.

Hi Paul,

thanks for your reply. The -adapter argument looks like the one I was searching for, but I couldn't set it, because I don't know how or where to set it.

But I found the solution on another spot. The automation adapter receives an adapter-URL (lines 802-805) from the rqm server and stores it in the property-file. Because of the class WriteThroughProperties the property will be saved on disk. So on the next start this adapter-URL will be read from the property-file (line 181). And with this adapter-URL the same adapter will be used again.

My Problem at this point was that I reset the properties due to adding some values to it and therefore unknowingly deleted the about-property. Without this property a new adapter will be created.

Thanks again for your time Paul.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.