It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migration from RTC 2.0 Beta to RTC 2.0 M3

Adil Chahid (45524118) | asked May 06 '09, 10:04 p.m.
Hi all,
After migrating to RTC 2.0 M3 (including importing the previously exported data with repotool and redeploying the new WAR) we're unable to invoke the /jazz/setup URL.

It gives us the following message:

You are not authorized to access Configuration de Jazz Team Server

The Credentials are defined in an Microsoft Windows 2003 Active Directory's LDAP Server and are the same since last version.
the user ADMIN was disabled from the Database so I tried users from the JazzAdmin group and none of them was able to invoke the setup page.

Do you know which step we missed during the migration process? Did RTC added new roles in M3?

By the way the teamserver.properties is a new one so it doesn't have anymore reference to the LDAP configuration.

Thanks

4 answers

permanent link
Amirsam Khataei (256175) | answered May 11 '09, 10:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks for the message.
RTC support team, is doing some investigation..
I'll keep you posted :wink:

permanent link
Adil Chahid (45524118) | answered May 11 '09, 6:00 p.m.
Thanks for the message.
RTC support team, is doing some investigation..
I'll keep you posted :wink:

Hi all,
thanks for the reply.
I discovered the origin of the problem.
I was using a WebSphere Profile that was already configured with the RTC 2.0 Beta.
The teamserver.properties and the provision_profiles folder are not defined anymore under /opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/ but in /opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf/jazz/

So I had to change the JVM variable to reflect that.

-Dcom.ibm.team.server.configURL=file:///opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf/jazz/teamserver.properties -Dlog4j.configuration=file:///opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/log4j.properties -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dorg.eclipse.emf.ecore.plugin.EcorePlugin.doNotLoadResourcesPlugin=true -Dcom.ibm.team.repository.provision.profile=/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf/jazz/provision_profiles -Dcom.ibm.team.repository.readPermissionEnabled=true

It seem to be working but when I try to access the Manage project page I receive the following error.

Error!

The page could not be found.
Page ID: com.ibm.team.process.ProjectAreaManagement

Is this something you've experienced before?
We're more than interested to activate the security by project, do we still have to enable a variable at the JVM level: -Dcom.ibm.team.repository.readPermissionEnabled=true

Thanks,

permanent link
Lee Johnson (4184) | answered May 11 '09, 8:32 p.m.
Hello,

I am trying to find documented steps in upgrading RTC 2Beta1 to M3. I had seen your post. Would you have any references? documentation?

thanks,

permanent link
Adil Chahid (45524118) | answered May 11 '09, 10:16 p.m.
Hello,

I am trying to find documented steps in upgrading RTC 2Beta1 to M3. I had seen your post. Would you have any references? documentation?

thanks,

Hi all,
the documentation is included in archives you download from the Jazz.net site.
We did migrate the repository before migrating the product by exporting the repository from RTC 2.0 Beta and re-importing it back, once migrated to RTC 2.0 M3.

By the way, I was able to solve my problem.
I did clean the WebSphere Temporary folders: /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppServer01/temp/... this removed the OSGI's temporary files.
When I did restarted the application it did work fine: I'm able to access the Project Management page.

I hope that this will help other people.
Take care all!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.