It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to tie test artifacts formal reviews to the artifact's state?

Taly Hotimsky (2714557) | asked Sep 11 '14, 7:40 p.m.
Using RQM 4.0.6, I've been trying to either:
1. Have RQM automatically change the Test Artifact's state to Approved or Rejected based on the Formal Review's for that artifact (ideal)
2. Have RQM prevent from changing the status to Approved / Rejected unless there's a Fomal Review backing that up (2nd option)

I couldn't find anything that'd get option #1 implemented.
I did find some options on the Pre-Conditions & Follow-Ups that appear to address option #2, but RQM is ignoring that configuration and allowing the Test Artifact to be changed to Approved state regardless of it containing approvals or not  Furthermore, the Pre-Conditions and Follow-Ups configuration doesn't really tie the Formal Review result to the target state (ie. I could have a rejected review and change the artifact's state to Approved).

Can anyone advise, please?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Sep 17 '14, 4:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Taly,

Have you looked into "Approval tracking" ? 
https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_4.0.6/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_define_approval_tracking.html

That may help in achieving your desired workflow..

Regards,
Vidya

Taly Hotimsky selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Taly Hotimsky commented Sep 19 '14, 3:54 p.m.

Thanks!

I was already looking into the Approval tracking, but didn't have it properly configured. When I got the configuration right, RQM performed as I expected.

One last question around this, though.
I couldn't find a way to make it change the status to "Under Review" when a review/approval was created. Is there a way to do so?

Thanks! 

Vidya Malkarnekar commented Sep 24 '14, 3:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Taly,

Did you try with "Approval state' as "pending" and "Workflow action" as 
"Ready for review"? 

-Vidya

Taly Hotimsky commented Sep 24 '14, 11:26 p.m.

That works!
Thank you! 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.