It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Distributed SCM and Builds

Philippe Krief (1056) | asked Sep 09 '14, 1:04 p.m.
Hi Folks,

I would like to request a Build from a Build Definition located in my main Server with a Repository WS located in another friend server.
When I try to select the WS, I can only retrieve WS located in the main server. I cannot reach the WS in the other server.

is it the expected behavior ?
thanks a lot for your support.

Philippe

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Sep 10 '14, 3:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Phillippe,

this is the expected behavior. You are logged into one server with the JBE and you can not access data on another server.. You would have to enable distributed SCM, have the Build user being able to replicate change sets and create a local repository workspace that flows against the remote stream, to be able to build that stream.

Comments
Philippe Krief commented Sep 10 '14, 10:11 a.m. | edited Sep 10 '14, 10:39 a.m.

Hi Ralph,
Thanks for taking time to answer.
Actually I turned on both servers to enable distributed SCM and I gave the permission to my unique user to replicate the change sets.
So I could easily create a local repository WS that's flows against the remote stream.
Now, when I create a new build definition and I try to associate the locale repo. WS I gave created, the Eclipse UI doesn't give me the opportunity to select any local repo WS, I can only select a remote repo WS.
Did I miss something?
Thanks a lot for your support...
Kind regards, buddy...

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 10 '14, 10:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Without any more details I am stumped. You might want to contact me tomorrow.

Philippe Krief commented Oct 07 '14, 5:52 p.m.

Sorry Ralph, I missed your reply...
I will call you sometime soon.

Thx for your kindness...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.