It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add or create test cases in RTC(Rational Team Concert) and How to generate trace-ability report from RTC

Sanmugapriya Pajany (1111) | asked Apr 16 '15, 11:06 a.m.
 Hi all,

Please guide me on how to add or create test cases in RTC which links to the requirement. Usually we use RQM to add test cases and link to RTC requirements. But I want to know, is there any possible way to add or create test cases in RTC itself without using RQM or ALM. Also, Is there any possible ways to pull traceability matrix from RTC.

Please provide your suggestions. Thanks in Advance.

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Apr 16 '15, 9:11 p.m.
edited Apr 17 '15, 12:30 a.m.
If RTC has associations configured with RQM(in RTC admin > associations > provide: defects and Quality Management Tasks to RQM project areas), then in RTC workitem's link section, you can "Add tested by test case" or "add related test case" and then create a new test case from the dialog or add existing test cases from RQM.

I am not aware of any out-of-box report which would pull  traceability matrix from RTC, maybe someone else may have more info on this.

Comments
Sanmugapriya Pajany commented Apr 17 '15, 12:21 a.m.

Thank You Yang

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.