It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test Case Categories shows 'loading' but never shows categories

David Landry (2347) | asked Aug 26 '14, 11:34 a.m.
edited Aug 26 '14, 11:37 a.m.
 In the 'Manage Project Properties' section, 'Artifact Categories' sub section: if I click on 'Test Case Categories' the categories pane just shows an empty list of categories and 'loading'. It stays that way for ever.

I've tried creating new categories, but that just stalls at 'creating category', and I've tried restarting the server, but nothing seems to affect this problem.

All the other category sections (test script, plan, suite) work fine, and there were categories previously (someone tried to rename the existing categories, which I think was the cause of the problem, or it may have been a coincidence, not sure.)

Any ideas on how to get the categories to load again, or even how to clean out that category section and re-enter the categories again?

Running RQM 4.0.6

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Aug 26 '14, 11:46 a.m.

Hi David,
1. Do you have any error in qm.log?
2. I would start to using Firebug to see what are the traces failing. If you have any issue with running Firebug, just feel free to create new PMR for that.

David Landry commented Aug 26 '14, 1:07 p.m.

Nothing shows up in the qm.log (watching log while reproducing the problem.)

I've loaded up firebug, but I have no idea how to use it to show what is failing.

How do I go about creating a PMR (sorry, more used to being on the other end of that process.)

One answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Aug 26 '14, 1:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
David,
Try the link below; it should help you get started

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.