It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Client 1.0.1 An internal error occurred during: "Computing l

Mike Gering (613) | asked May 01 '09, 2:37 p.m.
I'm getting the error: An internal error occurred during: "Computing
local changes". And the stack trace is:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.MetadataChangeTracker.computeLocalPath(MetadataChangeTracker.java:692)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.MetadataChangeTracker.getLocalChanges(MetadataChangeTracker.java:546)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.Share.getChangedItems(Share.java:219)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChangeTracker.refreshPendingChanges(LocalChangeTracker.java:759)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChangeTracker.access$1(LocalChangeTracker.java:680)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChangeTracker$LocalChangesComputer.runRecompute(LocalChangeTracker.java:150)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChangeTracker$LocalChangesComputer.run(LocalChangeTracker.java:115)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

This is with client version 1.0.1.

This happens when I try to delete a project from my workspace or load
one into it from my repository workspace.

This is on a *fresh* eclipse workspace.

Is there anything I can do to solve it?

Mike Gering

4 answers

permanent link
Mike Gering (613) | answered May 01 '09, 2:40 p.m.
Mike Gering wrote:

I should have written that this is 1.0.1.1

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered May 04 '09, 10:11 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Mike,

It looks like the metadata for one of your local projects has become
corrupt. You could try running a repair from the Repair button on the
Team>Jazz Source Control preference page. That should correct the problem.

Michael

Mike Gering wrote:
Mike Gering wrote:

I should have written that this is 1.0.1.1

permanent link
Mike Gering (613) | answered May 04 '09, 11:13 a.m.
Thanks for the tip, but it did not help. It really seems to only have made matters worse. I am getting a sequence of crash popup dialogs that ask me to rebuild metadata. And there is a new error in the log:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.FileItemInfo.<init>(FileItemInfo.java:254)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.InverseFileItemInfo.<init>(InverseFileItemInfo.java:71)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.copyfileareas.CopyFileAreaStore.setItemInfo(CopyFileAreaStore.java:561)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.Share.restoreVersionable(Share.java:175)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChangeTracker.trackFolderAddition(LocalChangeTracker.java:600)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.ManagedFileStore.childInfosInternal(ManagedFileStore.java:238)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.ManagedFileStore.fetchInfoInternal(ManagedFileStore.java:374)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.ManagedFileStore.childInfosInternal(ManagedFileStore.java:155)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.ManagedFileStore.fetchInfoInternal(ManagedFileStore.java:374)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.ManagedFileStore.childInfosInternal(ManagedFileStore.java:155)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.ManagedFileStore.fetchInfo(ManagedFileStore.java:347)
at org.eclipse.core.filesystem.provider.FileStore.fetchInfo(FileStore.java:277)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.localstore.FileSystemResourceManager.fastIsSynchronized(FileSystemResourceManager.java:324)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.localstore.FileSystemResourceManager.isSynchronized(FileSystemResourceManager.java:559)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.isSynchronized(Resource.java:1341)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.checkSynchronized(File.java:97)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.getContentDescription(File.java:278)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.ContentTypeDecorator.decorate(ContentTypeDecorator.java:42)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.decorators.LightweightDecoratorDefinition.decorate(LightweightDecoratorDefinition.java:269)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.decorators.LightweightDecoratorManager$LightweightRunnable.run(LightweightDecoratorManager.java:72)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.decorators.LightweightDecoratorManager.decorate(LightweightDecoratorManager.java:356)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.decorators.LightweightDecoratorManager.getDecorations(LightweightDecoratorManager.java:338)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.decorators.DecorationScheduler$1.ensureResultCached(DecorationScheduler.java:374)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.decorators.DecorationScheduler$1.run(DecorationScheduler.java:334)

All of this is happening in a fresh installation of Eclipse 3.4.2 with Jazz 1.0.1.1 installed.

I need to get this working. Please help!

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered May 05 '09, 9:40 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is this reproducable for you (i.e. if you start from scratch again, do
you get the same failure)? If so, please open a defect against Source
Control in the Rational Team Concert project area of jazz.net. If you
can provide us with a set of steps to reproduce the problem, we should
be able to provide a solution.

Michael

mgering wrote:
Thanks for the tip, but it did not help. It really seems to only have
made matters worse. I am getting a sequence of crash popup dialogs
that ask me to rebuild metadata. And there is a new error in the log:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.FileItemInfo.<init>(FileItemInfo.java:254)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.InverseFileItemInfo.<init>(InverseFileItemInfo.java:71)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.copyfileareas.CopyFileAreaStore.setItemInfo(CopyFileAreaStore.java:561)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.Share.restoreVersionable(Share.java:175)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChangeTracker.trackFolderAddition(LocalChangeTracker.java:600)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.ManagedFileStore.childInfosInternal(ManagedFileStore.java:238)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.ManagedFileStore.fetchInfoInternal(ManagedFileStore.java:374)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.ManagedFileStore.childInfosInternal(ManagedFileStore.java:155)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.ManagedFileStore.fetchInfoInternal(ManagedFileStore.java:374)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.ManagedFileStore.childInfosInternal(ManagedFileStore.java:155)
at
at
at
at
at
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.ManagedFileStore.fetchInfo(ManagedFileStore.java:347)
at
org.eclipse.core.filesystem.provider.FileStore.fetchInfo(FileStore.java:277)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.localstore.FileSystemResourceManager.fastIsSynchronized(FileSystemResourceManager.java:324)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.localstore.FileSystemResourceManager.isSynchronized(FileSystemResourceManager.java:559)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.isSynchronized(Resource.java:1341)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.checkSynchronized(File.java:97)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.getContentDescription(File.java:278)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.ContentTypeDecorator.decorate(ContentTypeDecorator.java:42)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.decorators.LightweightDecoratorDefinition.decorate(LightweightDecoratorDefinition.java:269)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.decorators.LightweightDecoratorManager$LightweightRunnable.run(LightweightDecoratorManager.java:72)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.decorators.LightweightDecoratorManager.decorate(LightweightDecoratorManager.java:356)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.decorators.LightweightDecoratorManager.getDecorations(LightweightDecoratorManager.java:338)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.decorators.DecorationScheduler$1.ensureResultCached(DecorationScheduler.java:374)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.decorators.DecorationScheduler$1.run(DecorationScheduler.java:334)

All of this is happening in a fresh installation of Eclipse 3.4.2 with
Jazz 1.0.1.1 installed.

I need to get this working. Please help!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.