It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Weird .bset selector behavior

Jozef Vandenmooter (16332933) | asked Aug 20 '14, 3:34 p.m.
edited Aug 20 '14, 4:18 p.m.
Hi,

I use a .bset selector command in an inlined step and it behaves the way it is described in the documentation: it affects all subsequent steps in the inlined project and not the steps that follow the step that calls the inlined project.

However, that behavior changes when a project fails and is restarted. For some reason, when a project fails in a step that follows the step that executed the inlined project in which the selector was updated and is then restarted, the new selector is used!

It appears .bset selector updates the default selector for the entire project, but only for subsequent executions of the same project run. Is this a know bug? We're running version 7.1.3.5.

Thanks,

Jozef

One answer

permanent link
Ryan Ruscett (1.0k413) | answered Aug 20 '14, 4:23 p.m.
 Hey Josef,

This isn't something that I am aware. Although, I do agree with you. At this point, I would recommend opening a PMR so that support can follow the processes in place to determine the root cause and fix the issue.

Thanks!

Comments
Jozef Vandenmooter commented Aug 21 '14, 10:04 a.m.

Thanks - PMR is 93949,004,000.

Jozef  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.