It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CRRBF0115I: API: Missing required parameter 'engine.engineid'

Antonio Carlos Lacerda Dias (3211014) | asked Jul 03 '14, 2:57 p.m.
edited Jul 13 '14, 8:41 a.m. by Jennifer Cianchetta-Riordan (2512)
 Hello,

We are trying run Build Forge after install and getting this error.

I not found these files 'engine.id' and 'sluuid.txt' files.

- BF 8.0.2
- WAS 8.0.0.5
- SO: RHEL 6 Srv.

[7/3/14 15:44:09:136 BRT] 00000053 APIServerConn W   Error processing request
    com.buildforge.services.common.api.APIException: CRRBF0115I: API: Missing required parameter 'engine.engineid'.
at com.buildforge.services.common.api.APIException.missing(APIException.java:405)
at com.buildforge.services.server.api.commands.AuthCommands.doLoginEngine(AuthCommands.java:226)
at com.buildforge.services.server.api.commands.AuthCommands.doLoginResponse(AuthCommands.java:288)
at com.buildforge.services.server.api.commands.AuthCommands.doLoginImpl(AuthCommands.java:356)
at com.buildforge.services.server.api.commands.AuthCommands.doLogin(AuthCommands.java:319)
at com.buildforge.services.server.api.commands.AuthCommands.invoke(AuthCommands.java:100)
at com.buildforge.services.server.api.APICommandProcessor.process(APICommandProcessor.java:302)
at com.buildforge.services.server.api.APIServerConnection.handleRequest(APIServerConnection.java:265)
at com.buildforge.services.server.api.APIServerConnection.process(APIServerConnection.java:177)
at com.buildforge.services.server.dispatch.callback.BufferedConnection.run(BufferedConnection.java:247)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:897)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:919)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:770)

Does anybody know this error? Any help is appreciated.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jaeson Bennett (563) | answered Jul 09 '14, 8:31 a.m.
Hi Antonio,

During the installation of Build Forge you probably selected 'Yes' for the question'Supply your own application server?', because you want to use WebSphere as the Application Server, instead of the Tomcat shipped with Build Forge by default.
When you did this did you also answer 'Supply your own webserver? with 'Yes'?

WAS will not act as a webserver, only as an application server.
So you either need to supply your own webserver's details, or you will need to answer that quetion with 'No' (default), so that along with Build Forge the Apache server will be installed.

In the past the error you mentioned has been seen in cases where the customer did not install a webserver, because they assumed that this function would also be covered by WebSphere.

Please let me know if this helps you to resolve your error.

Antonio Carlos Lacerda Dias selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.